Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bleached hair help my daughter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bleached hair help my daughter
    Posted: July 31 2005 at 5:08pm

Originally posted by Longhairdreams Longhairdreams wrote:

Wow,not to hijack the thread or anything.But I'm really pleased how honest you are claude.Its very refreshing to find a stylist who tells it like it is.I have seen too many stylists tell people stuff they know isnt true.Even on this board when there is no chance of them making a profit.Plus you really know your stuff.We need more people like you on this board.Good luck with school.

Thanks Longhairdreams! I really am enjoying school and I can't wait to get out into the salon world and be the best stylist I can be! I have about 400 hours to go and I'm due to graduate in October. This is one person who enjoys making women look and feel their best!

Cheers!

Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 4:27pm
Wow,not to hijack the thread or anything.But I'm really pleased how honest you are claude.Its very refreshing to find a stylist who tells it like it is.I have seen too many stylists tell people stuff they know isnt true.Even on this board when there is no chance of them making a profit.Plus you really know your stuff.We need more people like you on this board.Good luck with school.

Edited by Longhairdreams
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 1:01pm

well I'm only a student right now but in our school they use Goldwell Color products. It's a great line of color and even the Topchic Permanent color is gentle on the hair.

As for master colorists you need to call around your area salons or check your Yellow Pages for a salon that does corrective color work. I would avoid the bleach or as the stylists like to call it "Lightener" to sugar coat the fact that they are putting bleach in your hair.

I don't think your daughter needs any more bleach put in her hair it will only cause further damage and could eventually lead to breakage at or near the scalp. Basically you want to restore a natural or golden blonde to your daughters hair and seal up that cuticle layer so the color that was put into the cortex layer of the hair shaft stays and doesn't fade too quickly which can be the case with over processed hair.

So I imagine someone should do a filler then a semi or demi permanent color which is deposit only and won't cause further damage to the hair and then I'd recommend a clear coat  over that color such as Goldwell Colorance Clear to seal up that cuticle and preserve the color.

Basically from what you are describing the hair color has been stripped out past the Pale Yellow stage and before you can add more color you will need to fill in with a filler like a gold, orange, or red but most likely gold then dye with semi or demi-permanent color then clear coat to lock in that color and seal up the cuticle layer.

Like I said my school uses Goldwell Color and I love their color line I think it's great!

Use this salon locator here to find a salon near you that uses this then call them explain your situation and what you think happened and that you would like to come in for a consultation to see if they can correct the color.

http://www.goldwellusa.com/salonLocator/

Good luck and let us know how ya make out.

Gableyabley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gableyabley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 11:33am
    Thanks Claud for your help... any idea how I go about finding a master colorist....Her hair doesn't feel straw like or mushy thank goodness.
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 9:08am

Eep! They might have left in the bleach too long and lifted the color past the pale yellow stage which is bad. Heh find a better salon with a master colorist who is experienced with corrective color.

I think what a salon should do is they would probably begin with a yellow filler to put some pigment and color back into the hair shaft and then most likely go in with a semi-permanent or demi-permanent color to tone the hair back to a pretty blonde.

Whatever you do don't put more bleach or lightener into the hair...tell the stylist you don't want that. Especially if it was originally lifted past the pale yellow stage which it sounds like to me.

Does the hair feel like straw or mushy like it's over processed?

The cuticle layer of the hair is probably been blown wide open from the last color service and even with a demi-permanent or semi-permanent which is deposit only and won't lift the haircolor the color will stain the cortex layer where the melanin is that gives the hair color. To top it off the stylist might go in with something like a semi-permanent Goldwell Colorance Clear to close down that cuticle layer to help preserve that haircolor the stylist just put back into the cortex layer of the hair and the clear would also add shine back into the hair too and the color would last longer.

And whatever ya do don't use anything Pantene the whole product line stinks!!!

Buy some professional stuff that is color safe to help preserve that look you just paid $150 to correct. Or you can go back to the salon where you had the color done and have them fix it.

G'luck

Edited by Claude
Gableyabley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gableyabley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 6:19am
   I just moved to this town and asked several people where I should take my 18 year old daughter to get her hair done she wanted to be a complete blonde after many years of a weaved blonde. To make a long story short after a 150 dollars they ruined her hair it has no color she has white ruits and white underneath.The girl told her after a couple of washings that the white would go away. I don't think so do you? I keep telling her I like it but I really hate it and I want to fix it it doesn't look good at all. Do you think I should take her back and tell them to tone her down??? Will they make it worse?? I feel so bad for her she had such beautiful hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic