Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair brush

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair brush
    Posted: August 07 2005 at 3:14pm
Anymore, there's only one time I use a hairbrush -- immediately before washing my hair (and after having throughly combed it with my trusty wide-tooth comb).  The purpose is to remove any remaining loose strands... helps reduce the detangling effort after washing the hair.
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 12:21pm

I don´t use a brush. It feels like it´s breaking my hairs.

I recently came home from Budapest, and there I found two combs made from cowhorn, one detangler and one finer. They are wonderful!

The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 11:27am
I use one.

Its made by Goody, fairly cheap.  It has plastic bristles that don't have hair catching wads of plastic on the ends and it doesn't have seams on the bristles.  I like it very much and have used this same kind of brush for over 15 years.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 1:44pm
Do you use a hair brush? no

If no, why not? I keep my hair wavy at about 2b or 2c on the Fia scale, and brushing will break up the wave/curl pattern. My philosophy is that brushes are just combs stuck together, so I might as well use a seamless comb. It is also harder to brush gently than to comb gently.  
my LJ, 40 inches long
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 12:26pm
Do you use a hairbrush? Yes, Jennifer uses a brush.  Actually, I use a brush to brush her hair every morning and night.  She thoroughly loves to have her hair brushed and says she can feel every hair as it's tugged on and says it's very calming to her.

What type? We just use one we got at WalMart with the plastic bristles and rounded tips.  When I oil her hair, I brush with the brush mentioned to remove tangles and then follow the oiling with a boars hair bristle brush.

Edited by tdouty

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
sofe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sofe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 12:12pm
Do you use a hair brush?

If yes, what type?

If no, why not?

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic