Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ponytails

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ponytails
    Posted: August 07 2005 at 3:15pm
OK I'll try that
Hair Goal- Shoulder length growing it bra length in one year for the 8th grade!!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 12:14am

Have you tried a fine-tooth comb? It would make all your hairs line up. You'd have to use a regular-tooth comb first, of course, to work out the tangles, and then use the fine tooth, but I think it's your best bet.

Anais 

my LJ, 40 inches long
mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 11:04pm

Hi Accolady, and no that's not me but anyways this is what my hair looks like when it's wet:

Hair Goal- Shoulder length growing it bra length in one year for the 8th grade!!
ACCOLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACCOLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 7:51pm

Hello,

Great photo, and your explanation is perfect. By the way, is that you in the picture? Very attractive lady no matter.

I'll try to help and hope to explain in a way that makes sense.

Generally, I do not use a product to achieve the smoothness, but I do like to follow up with something to keep the antennas in line.

Adding the product, then trying to get smooth doesn't work for me, I have to do it the other way around for the purpose of defeating dry flyaways, few - though annoying.

If I aim for smooth and flawless, my hair has to be just a tad on the way to drying, and a gentle brush is what I use. Shine mists are fun, but I hate using them on my clean hair, as they tend to catch every fuzz in the air. A quick day is alright, but if you are going to be outdoors, you'll look like a hairball. LOL

Hope this helps.

Karen Marie

Birds of a feather flock together & then crap on your car.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Member since 2000, not reg. until 2005
mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 10:09am

Yea I know they used extentions. I asked my cousin how she get's her hair so flat and sleek and she said she uses gel and a brush. But when I went to her house I saw a sealing serum. I think what sealing serums do is seal the surface of your hair to make it sleek and smooth. Does anyone have this product?

http://www.matrix.com/products/sleek_look/sealing_serum.aspx

Um I can't seem to get my hair strands even!!!!! I want it to be completly sealed!! I don't like the way you can see my 2nd layers under the top unsealed hair, did I loose you?

Edited by mizzcathy
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 9:01pm

Hello,

To me it looks like these styles were done with extensions.  The girls most likely have very straight hair to begin with and they pull it back into a ponytail then clip the extension piece over the pony.  To get sleek hair like that you would have to use some type of con product.

mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 6:04pm

I love the style of ponytails but not when it isn't the way I want it. I have asked this question before but this time it makes more sense. How do you get really flat hair that is sleek and smooth while it is wet? I went to Sally's today and saw Fantasia IC Hair Polisher. It said that it "Fills, seals, resurfaces and smoothes hair's surface." What does this mean??

Edited by mizzcathy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic