Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stuck at orange...please help...pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ItsSteph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsSteph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stuck at orange...please help...pics
    Posted: August 14 2005 at 7:32pm

I just wanted to thank those of you that responded.

I agree with you ammonia, I've come this far...why give up and go back??? 

I am going to consult a colorist soon and hopefully get it fixed at a salon.

Yes, this was virgin hair Claude...thanks for your advice. Live and learn...LOL

Stephanie

Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 9:39am

is this the first time you've done a chemical coloring process on your hair? You mention that your hair is dark brown so it sounds like you are a level 2 or 3 I would think and you want to go blonde which is level 8 - 10. It's very difficult with hair as dark as yours to go up that many levels safely without damaging your hair beyond repair. It's certainly not something I'd recommend doing from boxed hair color at a retail store and not something I'd advise doing it yourself.

In my school we use Goldwell color and their Oxycur Platin says it can safely lift up to 7 levels of color so that is something that might get your more towards where you want to be. Are you looking for a golden blonde or more of an Ash Blonde? I'm thinking Ash blonde just from your skin tone I don't think Golden Blonde would be as appealing on you.

Seek a colorist at a salon who can safely lift your hair to the blonde color that you desire. Expect to pay $125 or more to get you there but it is your safest bet. Don't buy anymore bleach kits from a store because the risk to damage your hair is very likely. Leave it to a professional.

I'd think they could lift you up to the color you desire then tone it for you and seal the hair with a clear coat to close up that cuticle layer of your hair, lock in the color to last and provide your hair with a nice shine and then send you on your merry way.

G'luck

ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 3:54am

dont dye it back to your natural color! youve already come this far! dont look back and just condition your hair and go seek professional help. if its too expensive at a salon then go to sallys and get a bleach kit there, they work way better then drug store brands. to get it as blonde as you want you need to re-bleach and then apply an ash toner. goodluck.

goddess_mels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddess_mels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 10:03pm

Get a color correction from a salon. Or get it "bleached" at the salon. But whatever you do...go to a salon! You may think you're saving money, but if you bleach it twice more (and trust me, gut instinct coupled with experience tells me just once more won't do it) then you've already spent, what, $40 on haircolor including gas money? After once or twice more, guaranteed you'll have to do some huge damage control. So that's more money. Twenty more. Thirty more. Self color-corrections, repeated bleachings, bleaching and finding ONE little problem spot didn't bleach...honey, I've been down this road before. Please don't think I'm being cynical. I do firmly believe that people should have the hair they want, within the hair's own limits. But you really do need a professional for this, no matter what you decide.

And please please please don't touch it--yourself or a salon--for at least another 2 weeks. I'm really sorry to be a downer.

Mels
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 1:29pm
Leave it alone....at least for a couple weeks.....then I would suggest dying it back to your original color.  Bleaching it will only make it much worse!
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
ItsSteph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsSteph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 12:36pm
I have been wanting to go blonde for some time and I've been reading posts on this site ever since I found it a few months ago.
I decided to take the plunge 2 days ago and now I need help!
I actually have two different problems.
First...
My hair is normally dark brown, so I knew it wouldn't be a piece of cake to accomplish the light shade of blonde that I wanted.
I opted to use a do it yourself bleach kit from Clairol (Born blonde maxi) knowing that it would take 2 bleachings to achieve blonde, despite the box saying you could do it in one process.
Well, it bleached my hair to orange as I expected and I planned on doing the second processing in 48 hours.
However, the second strand test that I did yesterday resulted in only a slightly lighter change in color...the strand is still showing a lot of orange tones and this is after bleaching it for an hour, 15 minutes past the recommended maximum time for the second bleaching.
I don't know what to do, I don't want orange hair.
Should I do the second bleaching and then see if a toner or maybe an ash shade of hair color will help?
My hair seems to still be in OK condition after the second strand test, a bit dry but no gumminess or breaking in the strand.
Here is a pic
Secondly...
For some reason the hairline around my face didn't bleach at all, it's still dark brown and I don't know why...I could tell it wasn't changing and I kept putting more bleach on it and making sure it was saturated...but nothing happened. 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic