Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice please on afro hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice please on afro hair
    Posted: August 12 2005 at 4:10am

Well that's brill cos that's what I've ended up ordering.  I'm doing single strand, not a weave though xx

NJHAIRLUV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHAIRLUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 6:35pm

When I used to relax my hair, I used the Black Diamond yaki whenever I added a sewn in weave. I really liked the Black Diamond and it lasts for a long time without getting frizzy/tangled... Be sure to reinforce the track before you install it, or else it will shed a lot. If she is chemically straightening her hair, "Affirm" is an excellent brand of relaxer that I would recommend.  I agree that natural afro hair is great. I have worn my hair chemical free/unstraightened and natural for 5 years now and I occasionally wears a weave (using synthetic wawa) when I want to have new look.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2005 at 3:55am
Oh dear, I'm sorry to offend LOL.  That does seem really bad when I read it back.  What I meant is not a reflection on the fact that she is afro carribean just the fact that her hair is the coarsest afro hair I've ever seen.  I have plenty of mixed race friends and their hair is quite silky compared to this girl.  It was the girl herself who stated her hair was really horrible and that the silky straight was too nice for her hair.  We even had a laugh together at the fact that we needed to find "horrible" hair for her, that's why I put that.  I've done white people who've had a perm and silky straight extensions don't match and their hair too was horrible.  Sorry again
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 7:18pm

Angelfruit - That was a bit out of the blue. dito what Amm and Kate said.  I too feel i have horrible hair and so would anyone else that would be lucky enough to see my hair un groomed (lol)

Amanda - Good point.  Im thinking that once your client has her hair chemically straightened you should see a difference with her air blending in more although im not experienced with afro hair other than with that one client. I have some cheap bsb hair that is yaki and can send you a sample of it for coparisen.  You could maybe have your client see you again once her hair has been chemically straightened so you can be sure of a match.  My client however was actually a friend of mine who promised to give me semi-pernament make-up in exchange for me installing extensions on her with hair she had purchased while in London.

Anyway i found that once applied you could see no difference but in terms of texture i feel the yaki hair was sofer than her hair. 

x

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 6:30pm
LOL...Ive got horrible hair, Ive never had silky straight, smooth hair...and its not afro hair.
kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 5:42pm

Originally posted by Angelfruit Angelfruit wrote:

WOW ... what do you mean horrible ... we are not all born with silky
straight hair you know ... I happen to love my natural hair texture.

Keep comments like that to yourself next time please.

I'm sure that Amanda isn't close minded and wasn't reffering to the fact that it is afro hair and thats why it is horrible.  I'm sure she was reffering to the condition of it, which she DID state in her original post.

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Angelfruit Angelfruit wrote:

Angelfruit,

It is quite possible for people to have "horrible" hair regardless of the texture.

Try not to take such a general statement so personal, ok?
Angelfruit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelfruit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 4:46pm
Wonder if your client knows you feel that way about her 'Horrible'
hair.

Angelfruit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelfruit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 4:43pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 4:05pm

Hi there chick, was it really course, the Yaki hair, her's is horrible really, what a thing eh, trying to find horrible hair extensions, how funny is that LOL x

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 4:00pm

Ive had 1 client before with afro hair and i used bohyme straight hair in the Yaki texture and it turned out great.

xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 2:59pm
I have just done a consultation with a client who has afro hair.  She is going to get this chemically straightened in order to get extensions but her hair is really really course.  I've been looking at the black diamond and bohyme range with ebonyline.com and thought about the velvet luster as it says its for people with coarse hair.  Do you think I should get this, any suggests, she wants straight hair xxx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic