Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

to train or not to train

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: to train or not to train
    Posted: August 22 2005 at 2:23am
Originally posted by MERGUTHRIE MERGUTHRIE wrote:

anyhoo, i just want you to know you are all worth something.

- coming from the girl who can only pur shrinkies and microrings around her face and envies YOU ALL!!!!!  but i am going to try the sandwich soon)

I VOTE YES for this country to open a HAIR EXTENSION/REPLACEMENT ONLY SCHOOL! 

Manicurist and Massage theraphy schools have come a long way, it's time for a Hair Augmentation ONLY school.

Although, I went to school to study cosmetology- hair, skin, nails..., I am much more talented in the hair extension / replacement category. 

Thanks MERGUTHRIE

MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 12:50pm

hahaha, syllabus, training manual, thats the corporate me coming out... i assume a lot of you could have that all in your head you are so experienced, but i assume there is still a*plan* so to speak. Ya just can't walk in and do it, there must be some precursor to teaching. hahaha

anyhoo, i just want you to know you are all worth something.

- coming from the girl who can only pur shrinkies and microrings around her face and envies YOU ALL!!!!!  but i am going to try the sandwich soon)

i love plastikhaar
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 12:32pm

i love to train my girls(stylists) in the methods i do and even new ones, i dont do a manual, i train each one seperatly and its all hands on.

i love to see each of them blossom and become successful.

there are so many people out there to do..

however, all the points you mentioned are very valueable!

Edited by TanglesRC
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 11:35am

i see this is coming up.

i wanted to bring up some issues.

1) when you train somebody think about the time it took you master the skill

2) think about the time it took you to write a syllabus or make up a training manual, that is a LOT of (your valuable) time.

3) think about all the things you will use, like products

4) think about how much longer they will take or all the things they will do that were not on the syllabus that will make the training take longer.... inanticiapated (unanticipated) interuptions.

i love plastikhaar
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic