Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My curly hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My curly hair
    Posted: September 15 2005 at 9:18pm
this is a little ot, but anais did u ever finish the blue messenger bag mentioned on the Longlocks journal. if so could i get them emailed to me?

im interested in making one (love to sew) and i wanted to see how it turned out for you.

just pm me and ill send my email addy
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 4:45pm

I would advise against brushing curly or wavy hair (at all) . Combing is fine, usually necessary, before/during/after a hairwash... but dry curly/wavy hair usually does best with fingercombing.

Anais, wavy 

my LJ, 40 inches long
NIKKI 2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NIKKI 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 2:14pm

Aren't you not suppose to brush curly hair. Maybe wiith a wide paddle brush with plastic bristles.

Mariposa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mariposa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 3:35pm
Try using a reconstructor to add more moisture to your hair like Nexxus Keraphix. This may also help with dryness.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 1:14am

Here is what Tracee uses 

Tracee Ellis Ross

BEAUTY: Girlfriends/Tracee Ellis Ross article
Credit: © UPN 2000
Tracee Ellis Ross

"One product I can't live without-I've been using since high school-is Neutrogena lip moisturizer."

Tress management. Going to the beach or a pool is a great opportunity to deep condition my hair. I get in the shower, brush my hair out and then load it with deep conditioner. I like Aveda Deep Penetrating, Lazartigue Shea Butter, Renee Furterer Karite or Hair Mayonaise. Then I just braid my hair up or let it dry on its own. This way, if I swim my hair is coated and protected from the chlorine, salt or sun and gets extra time to get conditioned.

http://www.essence.com/essence/beautyandstyle/beauty/0,16109 ,344806,00.html

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

NIKKI 2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NIKKI 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 1:39pm

Hey gang!!!!

My name is Nikki and I am a newbie. I came across this site when I tried to look up what products Tracee Ellis Ross uses.

I love her hair and my is similar. I need to find out what the hell she puts in that hair. I've used Curly Pudding to shea butter and it still looks dry after it dries.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic