Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lucy Liu...Short!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
todsweeney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todsweeney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lucy Liu...Short!!!!!
    Posted: October 16 2005 at 3:28pm
When I look at Wireimage (and Getty) I'm a bit confused... I think JF was right? 
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2005 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

[QUOTE=Rod] http://news.yahoo.com/news?
tmpl=story&u=/051012/ids_phot os_e n/ r2091637543.jpg Extensions[/
QUOTE]

Ever consider the possibility that it was pinned up in a bob for the movie/
ET interview?  Did she ever actually say she cut it in that interview? 

Just a thought,

JF

She said she had short hair for the movie. It may have been a wig, but the
conclusion from the interview was that she cut it.
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2005 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

Originally posted by Rod Rod wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/051012/ids_phot os_e n/
r2091637543.jpg

Extensions

Ever consider the possibility that it was pinned up in a bob for the movie/ET interview?  Did she ever actually say she cut it in that interview? 

Just a thought,

Yah, sadly JF, as I mentioned when I started this post she said that it was in fact her hair, and sort of just shrugged and said something to the effect of it being"lower maintainance now that the length was gone."

I still hate it! 

JF

JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 1:03pm

Originally posted by Rod Rod wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/051012/ids_phot os_e n/
r2091637543.jpg

Extensions

Ever consider the possibility that it was pinned up in a bob for the movie/ET interview?  Did she ever actually say she cut it in that interview? 

Just a thought,

JF

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 10:35am

It's too late. I've lost that lovin' feeling. In some of those Yahoo news photos, she's got a Renee Zellweger sort of smile going.

Photo

Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 8:05am
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/051012/ids_photos_e n/
r2091637543.jpg

Extensions
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 4:43pm
Wow, that looks really cute! I really think it suits her better than the plain long dark look. Maybe if she'd have done something to her long hair it would have been nice too. I think it's a lot better.

I'm glad curls are making a comeback, straight hair is only interesting if the colour is interesting or it's very, very long, otherwise it just kind of hangs there.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 12:42pm

Ann's late Japanese mom was always trying to get her to grow her hair, telling Ann she looked like "a man". Only after Mom's death did Ann give long hair a whirl, to the gratefulness of countless men, may I add! (lol)

I think most people of all races who come to the States try to emulate our hairstyles. It is a source of pain for many of the elders of varying ethnicities, I've read, and witnessed in some cases. I don't think it is *necessarily* wrong for one to wish to assimilate, of course. Each person must choose his or her own path. Blessings, Bob

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2005 at 5:00am
I saw Lucy on one of those entertainment shows, and she said it was her real hair.  I thought she looked pretty cute, even though I'm not so sure about the movie. . .
More awesome than a manatee!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2005 at 4:56am

I'm always perplexed when people say any Asian woman who cuts her hair is trying to look Western.  They don't say Western women who grow their hair are trying to look Asian.

Oh, and Ann Curry trying to look Western. . . that's a little odd to say, since she's only part Asian, anyway.

Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

Kramer, I am not ashamed to say that I think Asian long hair is sizzling. Some, including my best Asian woman friend, look great with a bob, but I think others are misguided, trying to look Westernized. (Includes Ann Curry once upon a time, Bai Ling and Lucy now.)  BTW, how can one be racist against a group he admires?   Bob

Edited by Kuroneko
More awesome than a manatee!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2005 at 11:20pm

In 2002, Lucy Liu ranked ninth on askmen.com's 99 most desirable women list.

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip1134.htm

This year, she's 80th on the same list and 76th on FhM's list of 100 sexiest women in the world.

http://www.hollywood.com/features/t1/nav/5/id/2434308

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hot/office-attachments/girls05.html

With her new haircut, I'm willing to bet that she falls off both lists. Is there no chance it's a wig?

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2005 at 2:23pm
Kramer, I am not ashamed to say that I think Asian long hair is sizzling. Some, including my best Asian woman friend, look great with a bob, but I think others are misguided, trying to look Westernized. (Includes Ann Curry once upon a time, Bai Ling and Lucy now.)  BTW, how can one be racist against a group he admires?   Bob
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2005 at 3:02am
Everything changes, but nothing changes. A really radical departure for hairstyles and fashions (as in the 1920s and 1960s) is very rare.
Carmichael View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmichael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 3:55pm
Like it or not Lucy's hair style is a trend we will be seeing more of this season. After almost a decade of straight hair, curls (especially big bouncey ones) are supposedly making a comeback. The trendwatchers in my industry also say that by this winter we will see more hair at the new length "mid-neck". Sixties geometric styles are also supposed to making a comback but I'll beleive that one when I see it. I personally think that it will take longer for the Sally Hershberger influences and long distressed layers to permeate out of current fashion, but anything new is a welcome change for hairdressers who have been trying to survive with clients requesting nothing more than 8-12 weeks between trims for the last few years now.
"Your so vain, you probably think this post is about you."
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 1:22pm
Well, Bubba, I appreciate long hair on women of all races, nationalities and religions. I'm not against women with short hair, I just appreciate those with long hair more. Unless you're a shorthair lover, what's wrong with that?
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 12:30pm

Well..you can say certain things about particular ethnic groups and hair. For example, Indian and Arab women do mostly keep their hair long (not everyone of course, but the vast majority). Italian, Spanish and Portuguese women also have far longer hair, on average, than those in the US, or Germanic, north European countries. Nothing racist about calling the situation as it is.

*Oh yes, Ukranians and Russians often keep their hair far longer than is normal in the US as well. Wasn't Kramer and Dave Decker going into raptures of appreciation about this very fact, not so long ago?

Edited by fatmoogas
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 11:59am

The valedictorian of my high school class was also my prom date and she had waistlength hair. Now, years later, it's up to her shoulders. How would she figure into your calculations?

For you guys to stereotype a certain race of people and the length of their hair is not only politically incorrect and ridiculous, it's borderline racist.

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 3:57pm
Get your point, Bob. But don't believe that the majority of Asian gals are to be found in NE Pa. In Bahrain, where I am, most of them like to keep it long.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 3:47pm
 Where do you live, Fat? In NE Pa., I see many Asians, and I work with several. I almost said 90%! (lol), but in any case it's not scientific! All I know is that I *love* seeing Asian gals with long locks, and there ain't many around here. Best, Bob
DarkHelmet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkHelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 3:37am

I remember in some interview at least 5 years ago Lucy was on Letterman or Leno and got into the topic of her long hair.

She explained that when she was very young her mother made her keep her hair short, and when she got on her own, her way of rebelllion was to grow it long.

She went on to explain and I cant remember how short her mom made her keep it, but Lucy said she dreaded goign out it was so short and her mother would cut her hair herself and as lucy described , because her mom had an asian accent would say to her with her accent "Long hair looks messy, looks better short and neat, short and neat"

I remember this interview because the crowd laughed when Luct kept imitating her mother's voice and the phrase "Short and neat"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic