Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair sticks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lengthygoal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lengthygoal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair sticks
    Posted: June 23 2008 at 9:14am
If you don't want to order offline you can try Claires in the US. Not sure if they have stores anywhere else. They have cheap hair sticks that are pretty strong.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 1:55pm

Oooh Mei Fas are so pretty! I love the selection that Mei Fa offers, and HB carries so many of these choices. Can't afford them right now though

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Delenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 1:12pm
I ordered a pair of sticks from HB, Mei Fa to be exact.  They are gorgeous however their "long" sticks are actually quite short in my opinion.  It was my own dumb fault for not reading the specifications closer, I chose "long" because the other option was "short", lol!  Oh well, I can use them for buns for a while then they'll have to be used for half-buns when my hair gets longer. 
Gormlaith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gormlaith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Have you seen the Hairboutique Marketplace - presently 19 pages of hairsticks!

Thank you for the link Dave! Anything with feathers is going to catch my eye. The looped at the top ones are neat too. I am imagining all the things I could hang off that like ribbons or bells.

Happily,

Elizabeth
Delenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 7:40am

I completely missed that auction last night, I had every intention of bidding but I was distracted by a DVD.   

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 5:35pm

I second Dave on Lady Mamacat's sticks! Hers are the only sticks I use. She sells on eBay pretty regularly it seems. I also own some Earthsticks that don't stay because my hair won't stay up with straight sticks (and I'm trying to sell them off) and a wavy Argus single 7" which usually functions as a stir rod.... 

Anais

added a couple words

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 5:17pm
Here is a set of hairsticks from mamacat

I can't find Ozark

Have you seen the Hairboutique Marketplace - presently 19 pages of hairsticks!
Delenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 10:04pm
Ooo Oooo OOOO I already snagged a bunch of bookmarks, THANKS!!
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 9:25pm
Go to Longhaircommunity.com and look around there. Or go to Longhairloom.com and look there.
Both places have info as well as stick makers.
Delenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 8:07pm
I've been doing my rounds and looking for new sources of hair sticks now that I can wear them again.  I've heard of a few brands: mamacat, ozark twist, Baerreis.  I found a source for Baerreis but not the others, does anyone know where I can find them?  What are your favorite hair sticks?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic