Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curly Hair Need Help with Frizz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curly Hair Need Help with Frizz
    Posted: September 28 2005 at 12:40pm
About your hair not frizzing as much when its shorter. I think that could be cuz the tend to get drier the longer your hair is. That means the hair needs more moisture and absorbs it from the atmosphere and gets all frizzy. Just try deep conditioning the ends more or something.
www.ouidad.com also has some great hair tips and a whole section on styling curls.
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Sharyg11 Sharyg11 wrote:

Try the Redken smooth down shampoo and Butter treat. They work great at controling frizz. 

I use the Redken Butter Treat! Love it! I used it last weekend and what I did was wash and condition my hair and then rinsed it. Then I used a teensy bit of the Butter Treat and combed it through my hair in sections before I scrunched the hair a bit so the curls formed. Then when my hair dried a bit, I scrunched a bit of strong hold gel (just a little though, too much makes the hair crunchy). My curls lasted all night long. I even went to a club and usually after dancing all night my hair ends up in a pony tail, but the curls were still nice and defined the next morning! :)

Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 9:28pm
Try the Redken smooth down shampoo and Butter treat. They work great at controling frizz. For a leave in conditioner, try a little Sebastian potion 9 and a few sprays of Redken all soft addictive hair transformer. Or mix the potion 9 with a little Sebastian laminates gel. That should give you frizz control, softness and just a little bit of hold.
curlygurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 3:19am

i to have curly hair and the hairdresser told me how to fix frizz, it helps when after conditioning rinse with cold water because it locks the cuticle down and makes hair smoother, also put a conditioning treatment through once a week if possible, don't rub your hair with a towel when it's wet just wrap it up and leave for bout 10-15 minutes and air dry your hair instead of blow drying or keeo blow drying down to a minimum.

hope i helped!

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 11:31am
Hi, Check out naturallycurly.com. Try No-Poo and Curl Keeper it should help your curls form without frizz. 
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
inkedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inkedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 9:19am

Ok I have natural curly hair.  It is about 10 in long and I cannot control the frizz.  Somedays I will leave it down and within 30mins I have to put it up in a ponytail because it becomes frizzy.  I try to put products in my hair when this happens, but sometimes it just seems to make it worse.  I love my curly hair, but I am seriously thinking about putting a straightner into it.  I dont want to do that cuz I am the ONLY ONE in my family with natural curly hair.  Can someone please help me.   And another question is when my hair is shorter and not past my shoulders it doesnt frizz up as bad.  Why is that?

Thanks for your help

Anna

Anna
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic