Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how can i get nice curls?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how can i get nice curls?
    Posted: October 09 2005 at 2:09pm
I don't know about products from the UK but here is the Euroswap board at naturallycurly.com http://naturallycurly2.com/phpBB/viewfor um.php?f=11&sid=f646ecb5aad02fd62ba76c95223d453e I'm not sure if CurlMart ships to the UK but you can try. There are ladies from the UK on that site so you can ask them for suggestions. 
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
buckiefairy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckiefairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 4:32pm

Hey. Thanks for all your replies! I tried curling with rags as curlygurl suggested but it just ended up in a big frizzy mess. I might try it again when I've got more time but I'm not sure if I have the patience. As for all the products, I live in the UK so I don't think I have access to the vast majority of them. Can I get any of them over the internet? Also, any new suggestions would be very much welcomed Thanks

Buckie

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2005 at 4:58pm

Frizzy hair is a result of the cuticle layer of the hair being raised from the hair strand which allows moisture from the humidity to penetrate the cortex layer of the hair causing the hair to become frizzy. To prevent the frizzies it's best to have frequent trims 6-8 weeks and also apply a leave in conditioner. Hair that has been chemically treated either a perm, relaxer, or hair colored can cause damage to the cuticle layer of the hair which is permanent damage and CANNOT be restored it can only be treated until it grows out and it gets cut off.

The best product I have found for the clients I service to control Frizzy hair is a professional product by L'ANZA called MAGIC BULLET. It has Keratin in the spray which rebuilds and protects the cortex layer of the hair and restore the cuticle layer to help combat the everyday wear and tear on hair from brushing, blow drying and the elements it will also reduce snarls and tangles in the hair as well. A 4.2oz spray bottle retails for about $14 at retail or if you are a licensed professional and have a retail GOLDWELL store near you it costs $8.00 + tax from there. It's a NEW product it's great....everyone who I've used it on has absolutely loved it. Try it!

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 9:57am
I'm just going to suggest some products for you to try.
Jessicurl awe inspiraling spray, Aussie's Tizz No Frizz, Curly Girl (a book), CurlKeeper, Herbal Essences curl control mousse, Special Effects Instant Straighten Out, and Aussie's Dual Gel+Water. Don't shampoo your hair. It makes your hair dry and frizzy. Also check out naturallycurly2.com
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
curlygurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 10:04pm

hey, i know what your mean. i used to have the same trouble with my hair beofre i got my perm. You could try curling your hair with rags. It easy and really cheap becasue all you need it an old cotton shirt. you cut it up into strips about 1 inch wide and  a little longer than your hair. and then wrap damp hair around the peices of rag untill you reach the roots and then tie the two ends together. it takes a lot of practice but the results are worth it because depending on how tight you roll the hair or how small the sections are your can have anything from tight ringlets to big loose waves. If your hair is thick probably divide your hair into about 12 parts and less if your hair is thin but it's totally up to you.

hope i helped.

Edited by curlygurl
buckiefairy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckiefairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 3:50pm

I am determined that I'll work out how to wear my hair curly and be happy with it! I normally blow-dry and straighten it but I reeeeally hate the damage it does and I'm growing it long. So, today I deep conditioned and then let my hair air-dry with a little gel in it to see how that worked. It looked good to start with, all be it a little frizzy, and I had little ringlets dotted about, but as soon as went outside my curls went all uneven and stragley(is that a word?!) I'm dreading what it'll be like in the morning, beacuse that seems to be my main problem - it just goes into an even worse wavey frizzy muddled mess after I sleep on it! So my question is, how can I get soft, manageable, even curls that stay like that? Am I asking the impossible? Please help. Thanks

Buckie

My hair after a day. It just looks wavy here but it is curly, like underneath, if that makes sense!

Edited by buckiefairy
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic