Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whats so bad about silicones!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats so bad about silicones!?
    Posted: November 20 2005 at 12:04am

I think if you're clarifying about every fortnight too, then you should be okay. I don't think it matters whether you clarify after or before the deep treatment, but I like to clarify before.

Anais 

my LJ, 40 inches long
lucky957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2005 at 4:53am
I use a pantene intensive moisture treatment once a fortnight, and i know that pantene has alot on silicone in it. Does that mean i will still have to use a clarfiying shampoo on my hair. Can using it every so often cause it to build up.
Be true to wat u do and keep ur game up!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 6:52am
Anything in the ingredients ending in "cone".  They are found in many brands of both shampoos and conditioners.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 6:38am

Silicones found in certain shampoos. I had to ask the same thing recently.

I personally quite like cones but my hair is always nice after it's monthly clarifying. They do tend to build up but they're nice on my hair leading up to clarifying.

nikki1701 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki1701 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2005 at 8:13am
What are cones?
Nikki :)
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2005 at 7:01am
I like cones.  I just limit my cone products.  If it gets to the point where I need to clarify twice to get my hair feeling really soft again, I know I'm overdoing them.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 8:18pm
Thanks Anais. That's what I thought .   I personally find cones a bit too heavy for my hair to use for any length of time.  I have ALOT of hair, but each strand is quite fine and doesn't like to be coated or weighed down too much.   I can and have used cones, but I don't make a habit of it.    You really have to use trial and error.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 8:13pm

We have a silicone FAQ thread in the Product Finder board. Hope this explains the rest  

edited for clarity

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 8:03pm
Well I think it's just that some ppl find they have REALLY bad visible effects on their hair (alot of curly ppl have problems with them), but other ppl find them quite beneficial.  They CAN build up, so you need to be aware of clarifying your hair.  Other than that, I don't think they cause any real damage.  I could be wrong.  Anyone else???

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
cookiesnkream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiesnkream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 7:51pm

Anyone...? I use them everyday in my hair
practically,,, are they damaging????
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic