Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Have you always had long hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you always had long hair?
    Posted: November 11 2005 at 1:00pm
Yes....  I was a SS fan in the nineties.
my LJ, 40 inches long
Sasumi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sasumi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

Hey Sasumi, that sounds like MY hair journey! We have kind of similar hair type too, except yours has very well-defined waves. Purdy

Anais

Oh, thanks! I personally adore your hair.

And was that Sailor Mercury you were talking about in your above post...?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 3:12pm

Originally posted by Sasumi Sasumi wrote:

I've always had short hair. Mostly because when I was a kid I thought long hair was "girly." 
I started with my hair being jaw-length in June (of this year), and now it's touching my  shoulders.  My goal is hip-length.

Hey Sasumi, that sounds like MY hair journey! We have kind of similar hair type too, except yours has very well-defined waves. Purdy

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Tally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 8:46am
I've had my hair super long and super short and EVERYWHERE in between! In grade school it was mostly long, then in high school it was mostly short, then college mostly right in the middle at medium. Currently my hair is waist length but It's getting chopped to collar bone length this weekend.
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2005 at 7:15am
When I was really small, my mother cut my hair herself, in a Prince Valliant-pageboy cut with bangs but over the ears. I was then taken for my first barber cut at about the time before I started kindergarten. I got a common short back and sides, and thought I looked like a baby again! After that, I never liked having my hair cut. After a haircut, my hair would look (to my opinion) bad for about two weeks. As I got older, my face got leaner, and I decided I looked even worse with short hair. At 20, I started cutting my own hair, and eventually found that the easiest way of doing this was to just cut it in a bob. Now I have past-chin-length hair, and I think this is the ideal length for me. It rounds out my face, which is most important, but also allows me cut my own hair. I do not feel like ever going to a salon or barbershop again in my life.
Sasumi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sasumi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2005 at 12:12pm
I've always had short hair. Mostly because when I was a kid I thought long hair was "girly."  And from then on I just stuck with short hair, even though all my family members and haircutters wanted me to grow it out. I finally decided to listen to them...

I started with my hair being jaw-length in June (of this year), and now it's touching my  shoulders.  My goal is hip-length.

Edited by Sasumi
redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2005 at 5:33am

Thanks Rini  *blushes*

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2005 at 7:37pm
Hey Sarah....your hair looks FANTASTIC!!!!  Well done girl

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2005 at 3:28pm
I have told my story on here before of how I went short and hated it so much I got extensions. Growing out nicely now and I will never ever go short again
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2005 at 3:49am
i used to have my hair cut a hell of a lot i wud never have been able to keep track, but 2 years ago i finally decided i wanted to grow my hair!(thank god)im still not satisfied with the length, i want it longer!
Type *~2A/2B~* waist length

Aim *butt length*
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 8:16pm

MrsMNK...just curious..how  many trims would you guess you've had in that 2 years?  That sounds like really good growth!

Susan, I agree with you about the importance of care. I think I was always conscious of looking after my hair, but just didn't know about the alternatives to things like shampoos, chemical colours and blowdrying.  I did all those things because I wanted my hair to look a certain way and I didn't think it would look any good if I left it natural.  I was wrong.  It looks soooo much better now that I don't use any styling products, chemicals, blowdrying etc.  I wish I'd known more about this earlier....but I guess there has to be ONE good thing about getting older right? hehe

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 7:06am
My whole childhood I always had short hair, my mom kept getting it cut off because she didn't want to deal with brushing anything longer than shoulder length (though half those years it was in a boy cut, and being a kid, I was frequently mistaken for a boy).  So I hadn't had short since I was 14 (except for 3 years ago when I had to get the ear length bob), I always kept it about bsl.  It got to my waist once without my knowing it (saw the back of myself in someone's photo...that's how much I didn't pay attention to my hair!) That was in early college.  I didn't know how to care for it then though, and it was a mess (fried due to dye ...was red dye back then...and straggly as heck because I went 2 years without any trims) so it got cut back to bsl to get rid of the worst parts.  I always wanted long hair, but never thought it would ever grow that long.  I didn't realize the importance of care and trims for mine.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 7:02am
when i was small my mum always had my hair cut into a bob (errrrr) since 2 years ago ive been growing my hair its now 2'' past bsl, 2 years ago i used to have it shoulder length pixie style about 1000 different lengths, im aiming for waist length now!
Type *~2A/2B~* waist length

Aim *butt length*
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 2:24am
I had hip length hair when i was a child, my father loves long hair and my 3 younger sisters and I all had longer hair. I the longest. We used to look like 4 twin miniture barbie dolls with really blonde hair in the summers.

When i got the chance i cut it of to sholder length and didn't regret it for a second (I was 10 at the time). My father was so sad. I have had waist lenth hair once when I was 13 but otherwise it's been between sholders - BSL.

Anais, it's Strange, since i've gotten into organic and natural bodycare/haircare and herbs/flowers in general I also became a pagan. I guess I always have been but i just figured out not long ago what to "call" it. 

ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 6:05pm
I always had long hair since I could remember. Having short hair never even crossed my mind...till 7th grade. I just moved to a new school so nobody really knew my name I was, "The girl with the long blonde hair." I got very sick of people not using my name, and I was having a hard time making friends. So I got about a 8 inch bob type flip, from 26 inches. I wasn't refereed to as the girl with long blonde hair anymore. I kept it short for about a two years, and decided about 9 months ago that I wanted my long blonde hair image back! It is at about 16 right now.
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 4:51pm

Since I was a little kid I've always had short hair in a combination bob-pixie. I wanted to look like Ami Mizuno. That and, I didn't care about my hair except that it should smell good and be "easy".

Then about three years ago I made a hair bet with my best guy friend, and that got me doing research about hair. I joined various messageboards and turned into a natural body care nut (after converting from Bath & Body Works Pseudo-Existentialism) and then I became Pagan-hippie in general.

and now my hair is the longest it's EVER been, and I'm dating the guy. Never been happier with my physical self!  

Anais

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 1:43pm
I had shooort hair because apparently it's easier and then after an "Ooooh you'd look lovely with...." two inch crop I decided enough was enough and grew my hair against complaints. It did stay jaw length for a while but it's down to my shoulder-blades now and I intend for it to grow as far as it can and look nice at the same time.
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 11:48am
Pretty much, yes.  One time I did get a 'trim' up to shoulder length as a kid.  Right now it is at the longest I have ever had it.  But I had a variety of long styles over the years- the long-layered look, the Farrah-look (as a kid), all mostly one length and so forth.  For a time I grew my bangs out, then would cut them again.
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 4:56am
Me, I've had long hair my entire life (elbows type) but I've never consciously grown it till now.

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 4:22am
I'll be 30 at the end of March.

For the first 15 years my hair was never longer than maybe 4 inches.
Years 16-18 it got a little longer but never longer than about 6-8 inches.
In April 1994 I was finally 18 and no longer forced to have short hair. But I was tired of listening to Mom complain so I decided I would go on my own and get it cut my way without telling anyone. I had to walk up to the post office anyway to register for selective service or whatever it's called.
I cut my then 8 inch hair to about 3 inches. I have been growing that out since then. I have had some big trims and some periods of staying at the same length for a while but once it got below my shoulders it has stayed there. And at the moment I have no plans to ever go above my current length which is about 34 inches. I want 36" to be my minimum when I reach it. That's about tailbone on me.

Note: the shorter lengths were measured by individual strands. The longer lengths were measured forehead up and over to the back.

Edited by PurpleBubba
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic