Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My hair is growing! (picture)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My hair is growing! (picture)
    Posted: November 27 2005 at 8:58pm
Miss Rini, sorry for the late reply....I will try to get a few pics soon and post them. It will be fun to compare notes with you!
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 8:40pm

Holly, I have strange hair because as it gets longer, it gets much curlier!!  In fact, when shorter, I'd say it's more "wavy" than "curly". Look at the pic on the left in my sig (when my hair was longer) and you can see what I mean!  I am not quite sure if I am looking forward to the increased curl though....could be tricky with really long hair.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 5:10pm

I do braid waves all the time, but sometimes it's hard to get them to come out nicely when my hair fuzzes in the braids.

Natural curl was nice at one point, that's all.  But *sigh* sacrifices must be made for the purpose of long hair.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by letmecount123 letmecount123 wrote:

My hair had potential for curl up until about 2 years ago.  It's almost hopeless to even try now.

Anais has detailed instructions on sock curling in her "Medusa's Lair"

Braid damp hair, wait until crispy dry (like, a day) -- and you'll have braid waves.  Works for me (and that's not even my intent).

Rini, I can definitely tell that your hair has grown!  And looking good, too... Yay! 
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 3:31pm

Aren't you ever worried that length might pull out your curl?

Although I guess that all depends on just how long you plan to go.

My hair had potential for curl up until about 2 years ago.  It's almost hopeless to even try now. 

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 5:42am
lol I definitely agree! I think everyone goes through phases of not liking their hair. It's much easier to see the good points about someonelses hair. 

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 3:14am

SpecialKitty...we have similar hair? Yay!! I want to see a pic of your hair now! It's always so great to meet ppl with similar hair

Ladyfrog, the reaction that your hair got was totally understandable...it is awesomely long and shiny. Mine however, short(ish) and woolly....well..hmm....go figure   But hey, I'm not complaining! The support is wonderful when you're not liking your hair so much.

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2005 at 1:00pm
lol, bet ya didn't realise the reaction your hair would get

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2005 at 8:39am
Hi Miss Rini, your hair is beautiful! I have similar hair as yours only not quite as thick, and I hope to have it grow like yours over the next few months! You are an inspiration, thanks for the pics and also the great advice. Keep it up - it is growing so fast and healthy for you!
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2005 at 7:58pm

Wow, now I know how ladyfrog feels!!! hehe Thanks all for your kind words and support.

Ladyfrog, yes, my hair does do the ringlet thing when longer, however (and it's a big however) I have different curl patterns all over my head, so some parts do the S-wave, others do the ringlet, and there is one section on the underneath layer that is straight!!! (but usually can't be seen)  So it's not ideal.....but there you go

Katarina, as for products....well I was actually thinking last night that I might start a hair journal, but then was wondering if that would be the final nail in the coffin for me as far as hair obsessed goes!!  Anyway, in the journal I would put lots of pics and also routine details.  But for now:

Wash with herbs (an indian concotion called Silkeshine) about once every 3 days or so and condition the length if it needs it (doesn't usually need much these days) with Alchemy light Jojoba conditioner.  It's taken me a while to realise I was actually overconditioning, so since I've taken it easier my hair has been sooo much better.  I do the final cold rinse for as long as I can stand, then gently squeeze and blot dry with microfibre towel. Let it air dry ALWAYS. I don't straighten anymore as I feel that it just doesn't suit me, not to mention being hard on my hair.  I don't comb or brush with anything except my fingers. I don't use any styling products. My leave-in is either jojoba oil or pure aloe vera gel scrunched in. I clarify with ACV and/or bicarb once a week (and usually right before my weekly treatment).  Weekly treatment?  Well I do a henna one week, then amla the next, then cassia the next and back to henna and so on.  This keeps the roots in check and the condition really nice   Other than that, I just wear it up all the time right now and sometimes use a little bit of hairspray on the fringe (which I trim myself).  I'm planning on not trimming my hair for the next year, but we'll see how that goes.  I have never really seen a split end, but I think that's more likely because I'm not looking hard enough, but if they are not obvious, then why cut them?

Oh, and supplements...I take a multi-vitamin, a chromium/biotin pill, and about 7 pills of Spirulina per day.  Also drink pure aloe vera juice first thing in the morning on rising (not that it helps hair growth, but just thought I'd mention it!).   I study middle eastern dance, so that keeps me fit and active!  I also run around after two toddlers all day   And I've always been a freak for water drinking (since I was little I've always drunk 8 per day). I don't drink alcohol (except for the occasional glass of wine) and don't smoke.   However, I am no angel and I like my cups of tea, chocolate and cake whenever I can get them

Wow!!! I just realised how long that is!  I think I AM obsessed! HELP!!!! 

Katarina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katarina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2005 at 4:23pm
Woah!Your hair looks great.What products do you use?
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2005 at 3:35pm

Your hair is just gorgeous! I LOVE red hair (my wife catches me looking at women's red hair...). And I also love curly hair (my wife has curly hair). You have both...RED and CURLY! What an awesome combo.

You have great growth. It will just keep getting more and more beautiful the longer it gets

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2005 at 10:48am
so when your hair is longer does it go in to loose ringlet type things? wow, if it does I can imagine that being so pretty. Wish I had hair that would do that... ah well, I must reconcile myslef to my straight locks

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2005 at 9:30am
Oh okay, I know what you mean! My hair is really thick and "fluffy" and I don't like it as all, it's out of controll 
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2005 at 5:12am
No no no no Vicky, I know you were meaning to be kind!!!!    I said that I thought fluffy was a kind word.  My husband calls me his little sheepy and he thinks that is being kind too   All I meant is that I don't really like my "fluffiness" right now. You know?  But it makes me feel better to know that some peoople do

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2005 at 5:05am
I meant fluffy as a good thing missrini!!! Fluffy to me = volume and thick hair. Im sorry if it sounded like a bad thing 

Edited to change spelling..

Edited by Vicky
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 8:40pm

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!  You guys are the greatest 

The only thing I'm not too happy about right now is the curl formation. When my hair is shorter, it's more wavy than curly. My curls are big and need length to form into proper ringlets/curls.  So right now, I feel like my hair looks messy ("fluffy" is a kind word Vicky! hehehe) and I'm really looking forward to the more formed curl look that I get when it's long.

But hey, it IS growing fast, so I hope I'll be posting a pic soon that shows it looking much neater

......and...thanks to everyone on here, I haven't been tempted with the scissors ONCE in the past couple of months

Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 4:28pm

Wow your hair is great! I love the colour and your wave formation.

gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 3:13pm
way to go rini
Pampinetta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pampinetta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 2:58pm
Your hair looks great!! It seems to grow very quickly, wish my hair grew that fast too!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic