Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Search and Destroy Methods

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Search and Destroy Methods
    Posted: November 27 2005 at 8:05am
I like to do it in front of a bright light so I can see the plits really clearly-my bedside light does for me. I also use sharp embroidery scissors. Some people like to twist their hair in to small sections so the splits pop out but because splits travel up the hair shaft, I don't think this methods work for me because it doens't reveal the end of the split another zillion inches up the shaft. I just pick up random hairs and scrutinise them. But whatever you do make sure you check further up the shaft. 

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2005 at 1:23pm

Hey Specialkitty

Here's Purplebubba's scissor selection guide. He was a cosmetology student so he knows his stuff! I like to sit under natural outdoor light or by a window (morning is best). For some reason it helps me see the splits better. Some people like doing it in front of a monitor or a television.

• Make sure the scissors are sharp and designated just for hair! Super sharp embroidery scissors are GREAT.  
  • Use a quick snipping motion, don't just griiiind the cut
  • Cut perpendicular to the hair strand so that you get a "straight across" cut on the hair strand. Diagonal cuts will expose more of the inside of the hair shaft.

Hope this helps
Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2005 at 9:04am
Hi all, I probably need to cut off some splits but don't know the best way to do this. Does anyone have any special method they use, or do you just hold your hair up to the light and snip? Also, what kind of scissors work best and where can I find them? Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic