Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

messy updos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: messy updos
    Posted: December 12 2005 at 8:55pm
Cool messy updo! 
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 7:16pm
ladyfrog if i could even begin to explain it i would  but its really hard to explain some messy do that you just created and have no idea how you came up with it.
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 11:06am
Ooooh, I covet that clip - it is so pretty. I will have to see if I can find some nice ones!
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 9:38am
what was the updo you came up with gossipqueen?

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 9:37am
SpecialKitty-thank you for your lovely complimentsThe clip is an old one of my mums that I nicked off with-I don't know where she got it from but wherever she got it from probably doesn't exist anymore

gossipqueen-I think that's probably what that style is too...must see if I can redo it-if I can't then no one can!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 8:08am

Hi ladyfrog, well I tried that updo, It wasn’t easy to do, I didn’t really get the look that you achieved however in the process I came up with a style of my own which was rather nice as well. I don’t think I can recreate it, it kinda just happened by accident lol.

SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 9:30pm

LadyFrog, thanks for the great pics and instructions. Your hair looks beautiful in that messy updo, and what a pretty natural color you have! Also, the clip in your hair with the purple stones is really pretty - where did you get it? Thanks!

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 9:31am
Yep that was me . Thank you! Good luck gossipqueen! tell me how it turns out.

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 5:20pm

ladyfrog that is rather nice, I think I may try that wish me luck
(hopefully I don’t end up with one big horrible knot and loose my head band so that I never find it again)

Edited by gossipqueen
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 4:45pm
FABULOUS Ladyfrog! well done!!   Wasn't it you that said they didn't know how to "do" their hair???  I think you're doing just fine!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 2:51pm
thanks mahaya! I'll try and explain...
  1. put a thin headband on (fairly far back-about ear level and pull out all the hair in front of your ears so it's in front of the headband.
  2. get the hair behind the headband and do a rough french twist, leaving the ends poking out the top. (Do you know french twists? basically you hold your hair up to the ceiling and twist it so it's gathering hair from one side of your head, then you fold it down in to the pocket and roll it over till it's all neat and tidy. Or not as the case may be) Secure it with a clip through the side of the pocket.
  3. get the ends and kind of pin the long ones in random curls (twist round your finger andslide a hairpin through the loops) and just place randomly where you think they'll look good.
  4. get the front bits and LOOSELY twist back and pin at the back as mentioned in point 3.
I hope that explains it.

Edited by LadyFrog

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
mahaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 2:34pm
Wow!  That's really pretty:)  How did you do that??
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 2:08pm
I agree with you sugaree-it's so IRRITATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 12:36pm
Lady Frog, like you I love messy updos'...your's is nice! Part of the reason
why I'm growing my hair super long (at least waist length) is to be able to
pile it atop my head in a messy updo. Nothing sexier! One thing I hate...
when you just throw your hair up in a messy updo at night when your just
farting around the house, AND IT LOOKS GREAT...you can't replicate it in
the morning... I hate that!
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 11:50am
woah, sorry it's so big. But you can get the idea.

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 11:50am

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2005 at 8:31pm

Hi Ladyfrog...sorry, can't see your pic! Can you try again? Thanks!

With me, every updo is messy   It's just my hair!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2005 at 10:07am
sorry everyone, can't get a picture because it wont let me access tinypic. there's a link on the longhairforum -messy updos.

Edited by LadyFrog

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2005 at 10:05am
I was messing around with my hair the other night and I produced a lovely messy updo.
It's kind of a french twist but with a hairband and the front bits taken from under the hairbhand and everything very messy.

What's everyones favourite messy updos?

Edited by LadyFrog

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic