Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A system for classifying hair colour...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A system for classifying hair colour...
    Posted: January 27 2006 at 1:47pm
Yes, darn those asians with they're stick straight hair! It lends itself to so
many cute short shaggy styles that appear to be effortless. Although a lot
(most) chineses/japanese people have wavy hair, contrary to popular
belief.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 7:30pm
I visited SF on a recent vacation and noticed a tremendous variety of hairstyles and lengths... and tolerance & acceptance on the part of others.  Very cool.  Though it seemed to me that most all of the young Asian women had shorter, shaggy hair.
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 9:43am
Thanks Dave! Your hair is amazing as well. I just came back from a
vacation in San Fransisco, seeing that there are many hippies that live
there I wasn't suprised when I saw many longhaired people. There are
also alot of asian americans, many of which had long hair (mostly the
younger ones)
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Sugaree Sugaree wrote:

Sugaree, your hair is gorgeous!

I have a difficult time choosing just one -- or even several -- haircolors.  It all depends on the amount and type of lighting.
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 9:52am

I've had a couple of semis ages ago but the colour I have now is natural. My very bottom underlayer is light brown and the top is more of a dark red brown with auburn and dark blonde tips. There's quite alot of black and almost fire red sprinkled through it though and some dark blonde at the front.

Thanks for the compliments!

Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 9:29am
Wow HFO, that is a lot of colors for one head! Have you dyed you
hair before? I also notice your hair is very thick... is the under-layer must
be darker than the top right?

SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 11:11pm
Wow, Sugaree and HFO, your hair looks so shiny and healthy!
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 1:30pm

Lol I love the comparison! He looks adorable.

My hair um...seems to be alot of colours...hmm.

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 1:27pm

Wow  That really is close!

my LJ, 40 inches long
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 1:12pm
Sugaree you are right! You do have the same hair/body color
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 11:27am

His may have a little more gray in it, but all in good time my friends, all in
good time.

Edited by Sugaree

Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 11:21am
Yeah, to add to the comment made about dog's resembling their owners,
I posted something earlier here about how my hair color and texture
matches my dog's hair. It's practically the same color! When I'm holding
him in my arms, you can't tell where my hair begins and where Oscar
ends, it's like one big blur.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2006 at 7:47pm

Those are some mighty pretty cattle! Thanks for the links. I especially like the second and the fourth photos. Being sort of messy-haired, myself (I always joke that my hair just doesn't respond to being styled at all - it just looks messy no matter what), I really appreciate the natural messy beauty of those fab looking bovines. Thanks!

Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2006 at 3:05pm

Hair color can be a subtle thing and many of us do not fit into these predefined color groups.  And things like the light in the environment can change the color of your hair.  Out in the sunlight, your hair might glow with golden or possibly red highlights, indoors it might look drab and dark, and under weird department-store lighting, you might think, 'my god, how did my hair get so brassy looking?'

The color groups have many shades.  The silvery blond of a Farrah Fawcett (back in the 70s) is very different from light golden blond of an Anna Kournukova.  Red hair comes in a wide range of shades.  For some reason where I live, I see a lot of 'blond auburn' haired people.  They are not blond, nor are they red/orange, but their color lies somewhere distinctively in between.

Besides woods and foods, animals can provide a guide as well.  Once at a dog show, and in an instance of an owner resembling their dog, I saw a petite woman with her petite sable sheltie - and yes, they both had that lovely color of collie sable hair.

My hair is Wooly Mammoth blond.  lol

Was at a rock and gem show and there were samples of actual wooly mammoth hair in a fossil display.  The one I saw were this dark golden blond with some reddish overtones and was a rather close match to my own hair color.  For a more contemporary example, Scottish Highland cattle sort of come close:

http://www.lpsi.barc.usda.gov/bnpcu/images/scotcat.jpg

http://stockscotland.com/images/d3p8jpg.jpg

http://www.edinphoto.org.uk/0_my_p_s/0_my_photographs_scotla nd_-_highland_cows_vv17_large.jpg

http://www.camusnagaul.com/photo/albums/userpics/10001/norma l_gallery6.jpg

Alas, I currently don't have the highlights some of these cattle have, but you can see the blond/red varieties.  Must of been quite a sight in paleolithic times to see a herd of gorgeous red blond mammoths traveling across the plains..

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2005 at 8:26pm
I'm a mix between the Special Walnut and the Red Mahogany
my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2005 at 11:38am
I'm a mix between golden pecan, early American and Ipswich pine!
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 11:16am
I am a mix of golden pecan and provincial with possibly a smattering of early american and puritan pine. lol.

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
yoshikisquall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoshikisquall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 11:25pm

Ohh! Wood, I'd say for me is the main part would be made out of Ebony, with small pannels of Special walnut inserted in between it and edged out with a thin border of Jacobean. (did I say that right? I'm not familar with woodworking lingo).

I've got a weird piece of furniture with those colors in my head now... o.0 It's funny that the colors sorta correspond with my hair now....

Hair type 3b/3c M/C ii/iii
chgurlsng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chgurlsng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 9:47pm
Here's just a few examples: Mine is probably a mixture between the  golden oak and the early American.  It has more blonde tones running through the front.

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 4:35pm
yeah, that's really weird that parallel colour thing. I wonder what wood my hair is...

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic