Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair statistics and progress reports

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair statistics and progress reports
    Posted: January 06 2006 at 4:58am
Lol I think I got the wrong end of the stick! Sorreh!
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2006 at 4:06am

I am definitely going to be starting a journal soon (just started a photo journal on another board) and I plan on putting everything in that.

I measure on the first of every month and take a pic and write it on my calendar. I henna every 3 weeks. I just got some Biotin and Springtime Horsetail to take every night, so that will be another part of my routine.

It all gets pretty time consuming doesn't it?  I guess hobbies do :)  I think that I need to step away a bit though and concentrate on my work and listing my ebay items for a while (that at least earns me some money......but I'll probably just spend it all on hair toys anyway!)

But in answer to your question Anais, I guess I just use my calendar in the kitchen to remind me and to record the measuring right now.  But I am planning on incorporating it into my journal and maybe making a growth chart of it at the end of this year.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 6:54pm
Glad that was helpful Anais.

To clarify a bit,

Most of the things I have done over the past 2 years has been to put in my online journal (forum thread)

However certain things like measurements and other statistics I was posting in threads that asked for those things. For example most forums have a thread started each month for people to chime in with their measurements if they chose to measure. Or perhaps someone had a poll asking how often we washed so I would go back through my journal or calendar and make a chart of it.

Basically it all comes down to my desire to participate in threads or start threads. I'm always trying to come up with different ideas for things hoping that they could help someone. As we see here I was successful by telling you that I used a calendar. :)

enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 5:05pm

Wow, I don't do anything like keeping a chart of measurements etc.

I don't measure my hair regularly...or ever really.  I don't take any supplements, never will.  I don't use oil but a colleague just brought me back some jojoba from Spain, so I will soon.

Maybe it's because I'm not growing my hair, just maintaining it at about classic length.  I just trim it when the ends are feeling knotty, and S&D when I have the time.

I'm very easy going aren't I?  I have no organisation skills lol.

http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 10:23am

Thanks everyone for your replies

PurpleBubba, the calendar is a great idea! Thanks for sharing that - I'm going to start charting my washes by calendar instead of just noting them in my journal.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 10:55pm
Pretty much everything I do is either kept in my journal at my forum site or in my signature or on my computer. I have made charts to show when I have done trims or washes. I've added things like my vitamin routine and such to my signature over time depending on signature size limits of other sites. My current signature has about the most I've done.

I have not updated it in a while as the date shows. I go through phases. Pretty much my routine depends on whether or not I want to write things in my journal or not.
I also used a calendar for 2005 and I wrote down things on it. That came in handy when I wasn't writing in my journal and then needed to remember when I had done a wash and what I had used.

I am a statistics person. Somewhat organized. Not every month.

I hope that's what you were asking.
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 12:17pm
I don't keep things very organized but:

• I take pictures of my hair evey month and for me that is the best way to keep track of how my hair is progressing.

• I havent measured my hair but Im going to start measuring my virgin hair since im trying to go all natural.
  • I am trying to learn to do as many updoes with hairsticks as I can. They are great and keep my hair in place all day.

• Only wash hair two times a week. CO doesn't work for me so i use a gentle shampoo and condition my hair twice and rince with cold water.

Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 5:20am
  • 21 inches
  • 19.5 inches
  • 6.5 inches
  • no tapering
  • once every two days, oil with extravirgin oliveoil night before washing and put in braids. Wash and condition with Sunsilk Waves and Curls shampoo, leave to airdry, clarify once a month with Vosene.
  • attempt at braided bun, meeh not quite a fail but yah. Twists with hair clips, buns. 
  • stopped using loads of shampoos and settled on one I like. Sticking to the oliveoil for now as it seems okay and I don't have anything else
  • two braids to sleep in, tie in thick bobble(hairtye) when fully dry. Only comb during day and use bristle brush(half natural, half nylon for my obese hair at reccomendation of Chloe Dharma)  to move gunk down hair at night and in the morning. Comb when wet. Dust and S&D monthly.
    AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 12:18am

I've noticed that many of you keep statistics and do updates. By stats and progress reports I mean stuff like hair length, length of virgin growth, circ.umference of ponytail, circ.umference of length at X inches away from scalp, any relevant wash routines, updo progress, product progression, other routine progress, etc.

(for example, my measuring schedule is only May 1 (Beltaine) and October 31 (Samhain). I do quick monthly updates that involve (1) brief description of wash routine, (2) list of oils used, (3) list of hairtoys used and (4) styles used and these are all archived in my LJ Memories)

It feels so good to look back at the change. 

So for those who do this....

• [How] Do you compare your data?
    • Organize it?
    • Take statistics on the same day each month?
    • Have any specific routine-organization routine?

Anais

Edited by AnaisSatin
    my LJ, 40 inches long
     Post Reply Post Reply
      Share Topic