Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Concord clips with teeth -hair safe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Concord clips with teeth -hair safe
    Posted: January 19 2006 at 6:51am
Thanks Dave! 
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 8:41pm
Excellent updos, Rini and Susan!   
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 6:59am
Can't wait to see it Rini!

SpecialKitty, if you have any troubles when you start trying, just ask. There are plenty of ways to do twists, (since each person and their hair are different, people prefer different ways to do it and everyone has their own helpful tips).   Shoulder length is almost there, so you'll be able to do them very soon!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 11:29pm
Thanks, Susan for the encouragement. I will be patient waiting for my hair to grow long enough to do a french twist - they are so pretty.
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 10:27pm
Hey thanks Susan!  Good ideas there.  I like to bead, so I was thinking I might drill a little hole through the top of the clip and then do some strands of beads.  What an awesome idea!   Oooh...I'm so excited now.  I will post a pic of it when it's finished

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 7:08am
Thanks!  Nice updo!  You can glue anything on it (fake flowers, rhinestones arranged in a design).  You can make a string (or a few strings) of decorative beads and glue the ends of that into the back half so it dangles downward over your hair.  That's about all I can think of at the mo'.  It would have to be attached pretty securely since that is the part of the clip you put pressure on to open it.  I think if I were going to do fake flowers, I'd sew some thread through the back of them to wrap around that end, that way if you get sick of them you haven't messed up your clip with a wad of glue.

....now that I think about it, if you sew fake flowers or rhinestones  to a piece of black cloth and sewed a piece of velcro onto the end of the cloth (and glued an opposing piece of velcro on the inside of that part of the clip so it wouldn't show), you could have a bunch of different things you can velcro to the end of it and change them all the time to suit your mood.

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 4:39am

Thanks Susan! You seem like quite a crafty person

I would like to wear a concord clip with a pretty ornament on it, but I always put my concord clips right inside my french twist...I was thinking of decorating the tip of my concord (the bit that sticks out). Any ideas for this???

Here's what I mean:

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 7:34am
I couldn't make mine work until mine was a couple of inches past shoulder.  Keep it growing and you'll be able to do it!  I've seen it done on super fine hair, so that part shouldn't be a problem.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 2:01pm
My hair is about shoulder length but fine, so when I've tried the french twist I can never get a big enough pocket to make that pretty swoopy twisty thingy.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 1:40pm

Thanks!

How long is your hair SpecialKitty?

Edited to say:  (I see you have your length in your siggy, but since I don't measure mine the number of inches doesn't mean much to me since I don't know if you measure the actual length of the hair itself or over the top of the head like some people do.)

Edited by Susan W
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 12:55pm
Great idea, Susan! Thanks for the page
my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 12:10pm
Thanks Susan! I wish I could make a french twist with my hair - I have never been able to do it.
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 11:42am
That sounds like a good idea and what a gorgeous clip you're wearing in your bun at the bottom!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 9:52am

I added a new page to my site and think I forgot to post about it here....  http://www.geocities.com/thespookstress/concordclip2.html

This is a different page from my one where you make a felt pocket to make the concord's bottom half hair safe.  This is what to do with the toothy half of ones with teeth.  After doing this, I wore my clips around for a long while before making the page to make sure nothing bad would happen over time.  After many months, the glue still has not loosened, the yarn has not come off, and I feel much more comfortable wearing this clip than any of the ones I have without teeth to which I can't do anything to cover that top sharp edge (except sticking a piece of felt in my hair when I clamp it in, though that kind of shows!).  Hope this is helpful.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic