Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

getting ready for a good trim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: getting ready for a good trim
    Posted: January 09 2006 at 10:01am
Personally, I'd hesitate to go to a salon unless you feel you can trust them.  I hear too many horror stories about them.  No matter what condition your hair is in, they can find damge up the hair shaft and say that you have to whack off 6 inches to make it look healthy.  You might be better off just letting it grow until the Feyes method could work a little better for you.  Or, do you have a friend you can trust to trim it for you?  I know that with Jennifer's hair, we did cut a good 3 inches off last year, but we were very careful to make a neat cut so it wouldn't have to be trimmed again for quite some time.  Perhaps if you get an even trim you can then continue down the road to growth and not do another trim for a long time.

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 9:00am
Maybe your right Anais, 25" is just about half way down
my back.   
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 2:14pm

Where does 25" fall on you? Oftentimes, Feye's method is a little more difficult and/or variable before a person reaches elbow length.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 1:11pm
I'm also interested in this issue as my hair grows very slowly, so I don't want to trim very often and lose all my growth. But I want my ends to look neat and healthy. How long did it take you to reach 25 inches?
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 3:49am

This is a good question! I had intended not to visit a salon for quite some time and just do my own trims using Feyes method.

What looks wrong about your hair when you trim it? Is it uneven? Not blunt enough?

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 11:44pm
I have been growing my hair for quite some time, and
I do plan to keep it long and grow it even longer. I am
at 25" but I feel I should have it trimed by a salon.
I feel it is quite ratty at the ends and would like a
nice 1-1/5 inch trim where they can round it and perfect
what I have growing. I have been trying the Feyes
method although I must be doing it wrong it always looks
wrong. What do you think?
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic