Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

caring for my hair...is this ok?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: caring for my hair...is this ok?
    Posted: January 09 2006 at 5:25pm
I agree that you aren't damaging it as much as a daily user would. You are also using a leave in conditioner so that could possibly help keep the heat damage down. I think Infusium has silicones in it and silicones are in a lot of those heat protector products.

I think the main answer is if you see damage cut back on the hot tools or stop. Otherwise try to make sure that you have some sort of product on the hair when you use the tools. And blow drying on a low setting is ok.

The secret to using a hot tool without burning the hair is to not keep it in one spot. Keep the tool moving. Except in the case of curling or crimping irons which are held in one spot for a few seconds.

It's your hair. Get to know what your hair likes and doesn't like. Only you can find out for sure.

Hope that helps. :)
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 4:08pm
Blowing your hair dry and using a flat iron on a regular basis will always damage your hair. It'll damage it less than if you were using it daily though

Why do you need to straighten it? Wavy hair looks gorgeous! *Envy...*

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
donnaking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnaking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 1:52pm
i have wavy layered hair just below my bra strap...i wash with either a nexxus,redkin,biosilk or paul mitchell shampoo and conditioner only on wednesdays and sundays....i leave the conditioner in my hair while i wash other body parts than i rinse out the conditioner...once i get out of the shower,i blow dry using a vidal sassoon ion hair dryer on a low heat setting than the cool setting,once hair is dry i put infusium 23 leave in treatment in my hair than once that dries i use my maxglide flat iron to make my hair stright..i only do this like i said on wednesdays and sundays so is this very damaging to my hair?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic