Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Happy About New Shampoo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy About New Shampoo
    Posted: February 24 2006 at 9:45am

That's good to hear EmeraldNight - I'd have felt pretty bad if you'd hated it  

At the moment I just leave mine in the paper wrapping it came in on a wall rack thingy in the bathroom, but after a while the paper does disintigrate so I put it in a soapdish when I need to.

I totally forgot to mention that it needs to be treated like soap (sorry anyone who has a mushy wash bag!), so for travelling I'd say buy a little container, or cut some off the bar to put in a small jar.

One of my friends noticed the reddish tint in college - I was really chuffed that it's not just my imagination lol.  And no, the smell doesn't linger at all.  I can't smell it at all once I've rinsed it off  

Katay, I hope your wedding was the dream day you deserve  

http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
EmeraldNight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmeraldNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 4:47am

Oh! Im too late Katay! Well.. here goes anyway... I experimented with Reincarnate while traveling and while i love the shampoo in my opinion is is horrible for traveling.  Get a tin for it (my block was actually too big for the tins they sell) or find some other container because while this is a great idea, its kind of messy and, like soap, it can get everywhere if not properly contained.

Enfys what do you put yours in? I stole a towel from one of the hotels Ive stayed in recently  (shhh!) and wrap it in that.

All that said I love what Reincarnate does to my hair. It's soft, managable (not too frizzy which I sometimes get) and I love the reddish tint! (its subtle but shows up beautifully in my light blonde hair) I wasn't sure what to combine it with so i just used Dove volumizing colour conditioner and its working great.

I was worried that the smell might be strong from reviews I had read, and while it took a little getting used to I really like it now and it doesn't linger after the shower (meaning I can put on perfume, etc. and it wont conflict with the scent of my shampoo).

Your idea of rubbing it in your hands to get a lather worked well, and is much better than rubbing it on your head! (though that wasn't as odd as I was expecting it to be either)

All in all I love this shampoo too!

katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 8:33am

Hey, what a novel idea, a bar shampoo!

I'm getting married Feb 18th, then Feb 22nd till March 1st I'll be honeymooning in Puerta Vallarta. So the bar shampoo would work great for travel. I hope I can buy it, our budget is a bit stretched due to my new(used ) car...Thanks, Katie

God Bless,...
Katie
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 10:07am

Hi EmeraldNight!  I should go into marketing shouldn't I lol?

I do the CWC method, using Swarchzkopf Supersoft conditioner (the green one - I can't remember it's flavour) first and then Trevor Sorbie's Intensive Long Hair conditioner.  If you like Lush products try the Re-tread conditioner.  I used that when I couldn't get hold of my usual one and it's great if you can get over the texture.  It's a bit like porridge...

Hope you like the Reincarnate

EmeraldNight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmeraldNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 7:52pm

Enfys,

On your recommendation, Ive bought some Reincarnate (it just sounded so wonderful!     I have blonde hair now and the reddish henna tints in it sound like just the thing to add some subtle red).

I was wondering, what conditioner do you use with it?

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by enfys enfys wrote:

Dave, I was unsure about solid shampoo at first because I did the diluting in a bottle thing too, but because I lather it in my hands first with lots of water I find it's just as bubbly when it hits my hair.  And I'll start topics more often if you want

If you're so inclined, please don't hesitate.  And glad to hear the solid shampoo works for you.  Always nice to have that method as a backup if the situation ever warrants it.

Originally posted by enfys enfys wrote:

And I'm feeling much better already, thanks everyone

Yay!
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 9:06am

Dave, I was unsure about solid shampoo at first because I did the diluting in a bottle thing too, but because I lather it in my hands first with lots of water I find it's just as bubbly when it hits my hair.  And I'll start topics more often if you want

Anais, I don't know if you find this too, but Lush products don't taste or sting as bad as mass factory produced stuff if they get in your eyes or mouth.  Always good if you are as clumsy as me...

And I'm feeling much better already, thanks everyone

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:57pm
I have various Lush products.. they're really wonderful, and they smell even better than they sound! Glad to hear you've found a favorite, Enfys
my LJ, 40 inches long
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 8:15pm
Interesting idea, though I don't know how well it would work with my current routine of diluting liquid shampoo in a bottle...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, enfys.   Hope you get better soon!

P.S. No need to be reluctant to start new topics.  New topics are a good thing.
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 7:15pm
Great info, Enfys, and I hope you feel much better soon!
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 4:34pm
That sounds great!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 4:02pm

I don't normally start topics which I don't need to, but I'm ill and off college, so I have spare time and was so overly impressed with this new shampoo I bought that I had to share  

It's by Lush and comes in a solid block, which I use just like a soap when I'm washing my hands.  No way would I rub it over my head in circles like they recommend *shudder*.  Anyway.

I only bought it because they had stopped making the one I used to use, so I tried this because I hope the henna it contained would have a subtle effect.  It smells quite strongly herby, but the shine and redish aura I got was brilliant.  It really smooths down any little sticky up hairs along your parting, and gives a proper ring of glossy shine when you stand under a light, which I don't normally get without a good bit of grease lol.

So, I have finally found my favourite shampoo.

Here's the tedious stuff like the ingredients and price and how to buy it: http://www.lush.co.uk/system/index.php you'll have to go to hair care; it's called Reincarnate.  I never used to trust Lush after I didn't get on with a conditioner of theirs, but the shampoo bars are a great idea - think of travel; it's literally like a bar of soap with really great lather.

Yes, I know how out of character this post is for me.  It must be the pills off the doctor getting to me... 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic