Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

grow, hair, grow!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: grow, hair, grow!
    Posted: February 12 2006 at 8:00pm
Aa, that's great growth you've gotten in just a few months!  Looking forward to more progress pics in the coming months and years...
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 10:33pm
A,alone)   Your hair is going to look superb, let it
grow long my hair was just at your length just the other
day and I let it grow pics to follow someday..

Star f

Edited by The Last Starfighter
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 2:26pm

That's a LOT of growth! Congratulations and I also love your natural wave pattern. It's really gorgeous.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by trophywife trophywife wrote:

Your hair looks brilliant, AA; have you trimmed it many times since October?  That looks like a lot of growth (I am envious!)

Nope...no trims at all.

...you should see my hair in the summer. LOL!
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 5:30pm

I've just recently started measuring my hair. I don't know how fast it grows. But I have been buzzed 3 times in the past 9 years, and each time my hair grew back to past my shoulders. At that time, I get frustrated (my hair is THICK) and just cut it off again.

I have a son now, and taking care of him has taught me patience, so now I have the patience to just let it grow out. And I'm not working anymore, so no more hour long curling sessions at 5:30 am (that's the entire reason I cut it)....so it's not as big a deal to have long hair anymore.

Edited by Renata22
Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 7:18am
Your hair looks brilliant, AA; have you trimmed it many times since October?  That looks like a lot of growth (I am envious!)
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 3:59am

Your hair is looking great!

I completely understand how you feel.It feels like my hair will never get long.But since I have been taking pictures I am amazed by how much my hair has grown.I always thought my hair grew slow.But thats not the case at all.I got a very short cut in sept.Now my hair is to my shoulders.Pictures really help.

SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 11:18pm
Pretty hair, Always_Alone! Really nice color and shine, and it looks very healthy. I know what you mean about not seeing a difference from day to day, but your hair seems to grow really fast! Looks like two to three inches of growth at least! Way to go!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 9:47pm
Yeah it grows pretty decently...especially in the summer. It takes off in the summer and my hair grows like a weed!

Anyway...this was taken in October before my bro's wedding. It was right after the cut and my hair was straightened...as you can see.

Now for what was taken a few hours ago...natural nexture and it is at shoulder length.

I keep looking back at certain pictures to see the difference in lengths. But it is so hard to see a difference from day to day.
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
iibangduckiez View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iibangduckiez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 11:02pm

ARG! It's so hard...cause it's not something that happens overnight...But you gotta hang in there...I bet your hair grows faster than you think.

My hair grows really fast...I cut off almost three inches Jan. 9th...and it's almost back to the length I had it...What sucks is that I want my hair to be almost at my waist when it's CURLY...and my hair has these crazy, spiraly latina curls...so it really takes length away from my hair.

When my hair is straight...the shortest layer is almost at my breast...but when it's curly...it goes down to my shoulders.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 10:28pm
I am enjoying the hair growing process...though I have been rethinking my hair growing goals. I might try for longer! It depends on what my hair does.

I'm also really happy it finally hit my shoulders. Soon it will be longer...I think my hair grows somewhat decent rate...it did grow 3 inches from October to right now.

The only supplements I am taking right now is vitamin E and a tablespoon of flaxseed oil. I heard it makes your skin and hair healthy...I am taking it for my skin.

Edited by always_alone
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 5:55pm

Maybe if you pull on it, it will grow faster? (sorry...just kidding!)

Your hair is going to look awesome when it's long, so just hang in there and enjoy the progress!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 3:58pm
Hi always_alone,

I've found biotin to be especially helpful in increasing the growth rate of hair.  Well, that along with an otherwise balanced diet (including basic and "extended" supplementation, like silica, zinc, etc.).

SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 11:50am

Hi Always Alone! I'm pretty new here, but for the last two months I've been taking supplements (more for health than for hair). My hair has always grown very slowly my whole life. In the last two months it has grown over 3/4" per month! The supplements I'm taking are multivitamin, MSM, and evening primrose oil. I never used to be a supplement taker, but my health kind of demanded it this year and it really has benefited my hair. The other thing I'm doing is not washing so often (only once or twice a week), and no more drying or ironing. I think this has definitely helped my growth. I've also read from others on the Board that once your hair reaches shoulder length, it seems to get to longer lengths more quickly. Maybe this is just an optical illusion but I hope for the same (my hair is also at shoulder length).  Hope that helps!

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 11:01am
Measure on yourself and see.  It partially depends how tall you are.  It took me 2 years to get it from just touching where neck turns to shoulder (higher point than shoulder) which it was in Dec. 2003 to bsl, which it just got to now.

If your hair grows a half an inch a month, multiply the number of inches from where it is now to where you want it by 2, that's how many months it will take to get there if you don't trim much.

Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 10:16am
Could be anything between 6 months and a year. Your hair is lovely by the way.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 8:17am
How long?

Will it take to go from shoulder to BSL? I am getting so impatient and I wish it would grow faster. I know in the summer it will just take off.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic