Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Karen In Life & Style - Growing Hair Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dude20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dude20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Karen In Life & Style - Growing Hair Tips
    Posted: February 23 2006 at 4:42pm
Starburst, could you please post all the tips as I(and some of us)don't have access to that magazine, thanks.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2006 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

Hi Dave....Blush...thanks for your kind words.

You know...sometimes it seems like just 8 days ago that I was on TLHS and then sometimes it seems like 80 years.  So much has happened in that past 8 years that time seems distorted to me.  But I think that happens to everyone.

Thanks for being such a great friend during all this time and a great long hair muse. :-)

Likewise Karen, thank you for your friendship, kindness and generosity.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 3:45am

Starburst,my favorite magazine for hair in the states is celebrity hairstyles.It seems to be the most current with styles.And yes I know what you mean about them using the same pics over and over,lol.I have seen some pics used for a few years now in those magazines.

There's another great magazine that I get from barnes and noble.Its from europe,and its called hairnow.Its kind of expensive($9).but its literally a book.Plus they have alot of styles you wont find in the american magazines.

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 9:43am

Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

Wooow.... I'd have had a mini-freakout too. It's been months and months knowing about Karen's work but it still amazes me how far her material goes.  Way to go Karen!

Hi AnaisSatin,

You are too kind.  Thank YOU for all your wonderful posts here at HairTalk and your long hair insights, suggestions and thoughtful advice that you willingly share with everyone that visits.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 9:42am

Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Originally posted by Starburst Starburst wrote:

I guess that makes her a celebrity now?  Cool.

Karen's been a star in the "hair world" for years.  She is an extraordinarily prolific writer.

Yes Karen, I remember when you were the "Week's Lady" at TLHS.org.  Gosh, that was about 8 years ago now!

Hi Dave....Blush...thanks for your kind words.

You know...sometimes it seems like just 8 days ago that I was on TLHS and then sometimes it seems like 80 years.  So much has happened in that past 8 years that time seems distorted to me.  But I think that happens to everyone.

Thanks for being such a great friend during all this time and a great long hair muse. :-)

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 1:00am
Wooow.... I'd have had a mini-freakout too. It's been months and months knowing about Karen's work but it still amazes me how far her material goes.  Way to go Karen!
my LJ, 40 inches long
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 4:56pm

I guess that makes her a celebrity now?  Cool.

Karen's been a star in the "hair world" for years.  She is an extraordinarily prolific writer.

Yes Karen, I remember when you were the "Week's Lady" at TLHS.org.  Gosh, that was about 8 years ago now!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 6:43pm

By the way, she recommend seaweed to eat.  I wonder what she recommnds specifically?

Hey Star,

I eat Sound Sea Vegetables...Organic Toasted Sushi Nori.  It is USDA Organic and it contains 7 sheets of nori.  I eat it as "snacks" when I get the munchies.  It looks a little like I am eating carbon paper but it is actually shiny seaweed sheets.  I love them.  I have been eating them for years.  I used to post about this on TLHS.org years ago when I was the long hair Lady of the Month (hey Dave Decker to you remember that?).

I actually love the taste although it is an acquired one.

And yes....BiggMike works at HB.com.  He is one of the "guys" that takes phone orders.  He also is a mod for HairTalk and does shipping.

Edited by Karen Shelton
Starburst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starburst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 5:58pm
By the way, she recommend seaweed to eat.  I wonder what she recommnds specifically?
Starburst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starburst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by BIGGMike BIGGMike wrote:

She was quoted in Celebrity Living a few months ago related to hair accessories.  Last week Twist Magazine did an interview with her about Prom hair tricks.  Editors call the HB.com phone all the time asking for her.  The Village Voice interviewed her about hair extensions on Friday.  She definitely gets around.

Do you work at HairBoutique.com?

Starburst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starburst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 5:54pm

Originally posted by Longhairdreams Longhairdreams wrote:

Yeah I know I read alot of hairstyle magazines and there are always articles in them written by Karen.

Which hairstyle mags do you read and which are the best?  There are always so many I never know which ones to buy.  I used to buy Sophisticates but the styles always look the same to me. 

Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 5:33pm
Yeah I know I read alot of hairstyle magazines and there are always articles in them written by Karen.
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 5:19pm

She was quoted in Celebrity Living a few months ago related to hair accessories.  Last week Twist Magazine did an interview with her about Prom hair tricks.  Editors call the HB.com phone all the time asking for her.  The Village Voice interviewed her about hair extensions on Friday.  She definitely gets around.

Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
Starburst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starburst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 5:13pm

Mini freak out for me.  Opened my Feb 13th Life & Style Weekly edition & saw article on how to grow hair.  Of course I went there first.  At the bottom is a photo of Karen Shelton from HairBoutique w/ her tips on how to grow long hair. 

Wow.  I guess that makes her a celebrity now?  Cool. 

Kudos to Karen for continuing to support long hair lovers.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic