Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Couldn’t post pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couldn’t post pics
    Posted: March 27 2006 at 8:18am
To care for your hair in harsh conditions, try to keep it protected in updos (braids, buns), and maybe put some oil in it while it is up (I use coconut oil, which would fit in great with any vacation to a warm climate)
dancingbarefoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancingbarefoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 11:29pm
You know, we've all done things we regret, but we just have to move past
them. AnaisSatin's advice is very good, I think. It'll help you focus on the
postitive.
samsara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samsara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 11:23pm
Thanks Anais and Special Kitty,

I will start to put a file together and compare from now and the future
instead of now and the past. It's just really upsetting when I see someone I
haven't seen for a while and they make some innocent remark like "whats
happened to all your hair" or "where has it all gone" that I really freak out.
They don't mean it of course, there not as conscious as I am- I only have
myself to blame. Anyway on a more positive note , I am going away soon for
a holiday. Any hair care tips for sun and surf?
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 10:48pm
Samsara, I know exactly how you feel. It definitely does take a long time to get back your healthy hair. However, it WILL happen - slowly but surely. You can use your hair as a measure of how well you are taking care of yourself. And the progress photos are evidence of that. Do something nice for yourself and your hair at least once a day. I've been doing meditative combing (thanks Anais!) and also ordered some Cassia obovata (neutral henna) to condition my hair and make it stronger and shinier. I've also been braiding it a lot and get lots of compliments on my braids, which helps me see that my hair is nice now too, even though it is damaged. Use your hair to live in the moment - your hair is what it is right now, so be with it and take good care of it. But really, what matters is taking care of you. Hope that helps.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 5:39pm

Taking photos will be hard proof to yourself that your hair really is getting better. If you don't share them online, please do keep them for yourself. Take a photo once a month, name the file with the date, and store it in a folder to save for later. When you've got 10-15 photos, you can look at them and see how much longer it's gotten.. how much healthier it's gotten... and so on.

Brightest blessings
Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 9:18am

Samsara, I'm sure that with the support and info from this site your hair will be *better* through any routine changes to help it's condition.

Hang in there, because you know it's totally worth it to

http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 7:12am
Don't feel bad, of COURSE it will be as good as it once was again.  
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
samsara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samsara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 5:54am
see..............I am on such downer I couldn't even spell properly - didn't even
check, just pressed send.
samsara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samsara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 5:45am
Hi Guys,
I was going to post some before and afters today and just couldn't do it. Not
for technical reasons. The process of going over photos before my disaster
has got the better of me. I have been feeling really good since I joined this
freindly forum and felt I was on a mission to get back my long healthy hair,
however when I saw what pretty hair I had 7 months ago and what I have
now I am beginning to wonder if it will ever return to what it was.
Sorry to be on a downer but if anyone has words of encouragenet right now I
could really use it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic