Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Itching for the scissors again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Itching for the scissors again
    Posted: March 31 2006 at 1:45pm
Yes, thanks, Christine...much appreciated!
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 1:18pm

Thanks Christine for the detailed instructions. That really helps. I am going to try it his weekend! I'm glad your hair is feeling better. It is so pretty.

ataraxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ataraxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 8:29pm
my mayo experiences so far: i've used 2 types of mayo, a generic kind and Hellmann's.

the first was with the generic. i started at the roots and worked my way to the scalp. by the time i was 80% done, my hair was dripping oil everywhere...messy, but it felt great! i put a showercap on, and wrapped a towel around my head. i left it on for 1-2 hours, then rinsed thoroughly (with warm water, last rinse with cold). then i did my shampoo/conditioner (all in the shower), and used a little of my usual Infusium leave-in. after my shampoo/conditioner ritual, i flip my head forward and finger comb until my hair is about 70% dry. usually i will get flyaways and tangles during this, but not after mayo 

amazingly, my hair had very little to no smell at all the next day. i was very impressed how well my updo held, but i did feel a little oily, and washed again 2 days later.

Hellmann's (this past saturday): i did the exact thing as above, but this time over the kitchen sink because my bathroom is carpeted. my hair barely dripped any oil, even after the entire jar of mayo was on my head.i just kept piling it on and massaging it through the hair, being very careful not to break my hair off. i guess a sort of spatula technique. i also wore gloves. i was wondering which would turn out better...

it's been 5 days since mayo #2, i do not feel oily at all, no smell, and have not wet my hair since. my scalp has not been itchy, hair is still smooth and silky, and i have worn it down ALL WEEK for the first time in over a year! i constantly fingercomb it, and only use a comb once or twice a day (always before bed). i think i've used a brush twice. between these simple things and trying to completely cut out hair ties (speaking of which, i need to reply to Rini's thread ), i have noticed a complete turnaround within just a few weeks....

i'd love to hear about other experiences with mayo. i'm loving it! c'mon SK, you have nothing to lose lol.

edit: i didn't know rinsing with cool water would help any smell, thanks!

Edited by ataraxy
MsSerenity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsSerenity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 3:19pm
Take any high fat mayo and apply to all parts of your hair. Wrap it up, amd leave it for an hour or so. Once you can't take anymoer, rinse it out in cool water (so you don't heat up the mayo and cause your hair to smell of it). It will turn out shiny and happy.
As fate would have it, my business is all about you.
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 2:52pm

SK, Please leave your scissors alone! If you did end up cutting your hair, think about what you would think afterwards...I'm sure you'd really regret it! Just put your hair up every day for a few months, maybe, and then when you finally take it down, it should have grown some and you will be pleased with the results! The scissors have been a great temptation to me also, even though my hair is pretty long! So don't give up...your hair will look beautiful when it's long!

Hey, Ataraxy, I am curious about the mayo treatment also!

RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 10:15am

Thank you Ataraxy for the compliment!

Okay, mayo - how should I do it? Is there any heat involved?

ataraxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ataraxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 9:51am
wow, your hair is much longer in your new signature! it looks very healthy and full, very nice hair SK :)

mayonaise!! it has saved my dry ends and tangled hair.. and my hair from getting chopped. i've done 2 mayo treatments, and will continue doing so every other week.
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 8:58pm
SusanW...yep. that's me  Thanks for the compliment

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 2:45pm

I just last week trimmed a bit of my hair. It was necessary, and looks and feels good too.

I'm not afraid of losing 1/4 to 1/2 inch off ends.

I'm sure You all know by now that I change my mind alot. I am continuing to grow out my locks. It's just been 8 weeks since my last trim, and I did go to Mexico for my Honeymoon, with all that sun, and Ocean(salt water) and Pool too.

I'm glad I did do it, and My Husband didn't realize until I told him, he said it looks nice. So I'm very Happy:)

God Bless,...
Katie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 11:40am
Thanks HFO! Hey, were you scared to do the henna? I am considering it. It would be cool to go a bit darker, and I really liked your color that you achieved. I love your hair. It is so smooth, thick and shiny.
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 11:25am
Hang in there! Your hair looks mega-thick and healthy. You can do it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 10:54am
Ahhhh, thank you wise ladies and gent! Such great advice. I don't have any jojoba - I'll run out today and get some. Rini, thanks so much for the compliment - I needed that! I think that part of the problem is that when my hair is wavy/curly, it looks much shorter but healthier, and when it is straighter, it looks very long but the ends are so damaged. I need to just love my hair the way it is right now. Jojoba and braids, jojoba and braids, jojoba and braids (that is my new mantra). MissMaryJane, you hang in there too. I cheered when I saw your post on another thread about your hair reaching almost to your armpits. WOW! I think I'm going to avoid micro trims right now also - I did one a month ago, but I'm afraid if I got the scissors in my hands I would take off more than 1/4 of an inch.....
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 9:11am
Don't cut! Do you want us to all come round your house and make the hairdresser promise not to cut your hair? Or hide the scissors. Keep moisturising your ends and you'll get there!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
MissMareeJane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMareeJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 8:43am
SK, your hair is getting really long! But, as we all know here, between
shoulder and BSL is a really hard period to endure! I'm going through the
same thing right now...just try to think ahead to a couple months, you'll
be so happy if you decide to wait
Don't let the man get you down

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 23" Goal: Waist
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 7:54am
I know how you feel too.  I woke up this morning feeling like the last half inch of my hair is tangling WAY more than it should considering I just coned it.  Rini's right though, jojoba may make it feel so nice you completely change your mind about cutting at all (Is that you in the tiny avatar pic Rini?  You look like a beauty queen!).  When you do go to trim, cut off only 1/8 or a quarter of an inch first.  You will likely find that was all you needed and any more just would have set you back more than was necessary.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Impaler Vlad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impaler Vlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 5:43am
Miss Rini, thy ladyship sure got my respect for thy post!
Mark Edward Arthur Mac Arran Blackrose
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 4:52am

Special Kitty....get yourself a strong box (preferably metal), place your scissors in it, then get yourself a length of chain, wrap this around the box, then secure a padlock to keep it all in place. Finally, throw away the key to the padlock.

But seriously, I know JUST how you feel!  You are just having a "bad end" day.  Get some jojoba and put it on your ends, then whack the whole thing up into a nice pretty upstyle and forget about it.  I know it's hard, but just think how far you've come and your hair is looking FANTASTIC.  I'm not saying that you should never trim those ends, just that you should wait a while before you do.  Wait until you get to a length where you'd be OK with losing an inch or two (for me, this will be around BSL I think - end of the year).

Think back.....did this scissor urge always happen regularly when you got to this length before?  If you can get past this urge, then maybe you will be able to grow it to new lengths and you might be thrilled with how your ends look at a longer length (ie...you might not even want to cut them after all).

Look, I'm the veritable pot calling the kettle black.....but I really want you to hang in there girl!  You know you'll regret cutting

Now go and make a nice cup of tea and think about something else!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
Impaler Vlad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impaler Vlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 4:14am
DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why does this urge come to ladies? It seems long haired men are more determined - they know how to stay away from the scissors!

Keep your hair and blessed be,
Mark Edward Arthur Mac Arran Blackrose
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 2:51am
Im right there with you! I have the same problem, i just keep reminding my self of how i feelt when i had shorter hair.
How do you feel about micro trims? I have done a few of those to get some of the damaged hair away.
MsSerenity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsSerenity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 11:49pm
I know the feeling! Very frustrating, isn't it?
As fate would have it, my business is all about you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic