Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help needed please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help needed please
    Posted: April 09 2006 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by frozen_veins frozen_veins wrote:

Okay. I am a 17 year old male. The kind of hair I want. I don't want it to be layered. I just want it long and even.  The problem is right now, my hair is sort of layered in the back. Would I need to start bringing my hair up in the back so the hair nearer to the top of my head would start to be the longest  in the back? i hope you get what i am saying!  if you have any suggestions or advice please feel free to say.

The main thing i really want to know is, what should i do to my hair to start making it almost even all around my head with the back slightly longer than the rest. I know nothing about growing hair. Please help!

Welcome, Frozen_Veins,

It depends on what's more important to you - unlayered hair, or longer lengths.  Strict pursuit of the former, you could find youself with a cheek-length bob.  You might be more comfortable with some combination of the two.  Trimming more from the longest layers, less (or none) from the shorter ones.

horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2006 at 5:40pm
I agree with everything that's been said...hope something helps you!
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
Impaler Vlad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impaler Vlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2006 at 5:54am
Just be pacient and stay away from scissors and barbershops!!!!!
Mark Edward Arthur Mac Arran Blackrose
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 10:36pm

If I had a do-over, I'd trim a little bit every couple months. Just to avoid the trauma of cutting more later.

That's one thing I regret... waiting too long between trims. My last trim was 1" and it felt like so much was lost, even though it shouldn't have been such a big deal.

HTH 

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 9:28pm

I kept trimming until it was all basically the same length, then I let it grow. But you could always grow it, then trim. Both methods will get you the same result in the end.

Good luck!

Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 3:03pm
Wow your hair is such a nice colour! I grew my hair out from a  *really* short cut(what was I thinking) but when it got to about the length your's is it was quite easy from there. Layers are quite easy to lose as it grows but you might find that you like them when they're a bit longer so it might be a good idea just to keep growing and then think about it later.
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 11:46am

Welcom FV - hey I did the same thing you're talking about. It took a year or so, but I just kept growing my hair and then trimming small bits at the bottom to even out the layers. If you don't trim the layers themselves, but just the longest hairs, your layers will eventually even up with the rest. Great picture and great hair! 

frozen_veins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frozen_veins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 4:07pm
Well thank you for trying to help ^_^ i want my hair  past my shoulders a bit...i guess i'll grow it out until it gets longer and then get rid of the layers in the back

Edited by frozen_veins
philosophy girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philosophy girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 3:15pm

My hair is layered and I decided to just grow it out then loose the layers later - only problem is now I re-hee-heee-ly don't want to lose any length so have thick at the nape and spindly ends.  I half wish I'd grown it all from one length as it would look a lot thicker and healthier.  Mind you I had really short layers cut in so would have had to loose quite a lot of length at the start which would probably have been a bit disheartening.

That's not really helpful is it? sorry!

3a C/M ii 35"(21/03/06)dark red

Founding Member of the Benign Neglect Club. All applications welcome and accepted (each member to decide for themselves what they consider to be neglectful)
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 3:08pm
You didn't mention how long you want to grow it but other people who've grown hair our from similar lengths to yours said that it was easiest to just let it grow and get rid of the layers when it's a bit longer.

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
frozen_veins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frozen_veins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 12:41pm
Okay. I am a 17 year old male. The kind of hair I want. I don't want it to be layered. I just want it long and even.  The problem is right now, my hair is sort of layered in the back. Would I need to start bringing my hair up in the back so the hair nearer to the top of my head would start to be the longest  in the back? i hope you get what i am saying!  if you have any suggestions or advice please feel free to say.

This pic is me about a week ago after 9 months ago when i shaved my hair off and had about half an inch left. The reason i did this. I dyed my hair way too often and never took heed to the warnings that everyone kept telling me. My hair started to fall out tons and tons and i got tired of it. the hair in the back would be longer but i snipped about an inch or two about 4 months ago.

The main thing i really want to know is, what should i do to my hair to start making it almost even all around my head with the back slightly longer than the rest. I know nothing about growing hair. Please help!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic