Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clip your own ends? Help!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Phoenix1017 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix1017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clip your own ends? Help!!
    Posted: June 23 2006 at 12:17pm
I do Feye's blunt cut method. It works nicely I might add.
My Hair Site
Copy site: http://phoenix1017.sitesled.com

Current Length:32"
loveya4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveya4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 1:00pm
I go through out the hair searching for splits and damaged looking hairs, and I cut only the hairs that need to come off.   I clip my ends as i flat iron....

I flat iron 1 inch sections of hair, clip the damage...then move on to the next section.  I do this in a really bright light so that the damage is visable. 
Loveya4ever
http://public.fotki.com/redhotlala/
*~earthangel*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *~earthangel*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 11:53am

Thanks So much for your help.

My Fotki

[url=http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/24680082][/ur
Sweet_Ambrosia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweet_Ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by *~earthangel*~ *~earthangel*~ wrote:

Okay guys. I finally mustered up the courage to do it but I need your help. I'm 4b naturhal and  I need my ends clipped but I am scurred. I dont trust hairdressers  to clip my hair but I have split ends and I really want to take care of this problem. There is one lady that usually does my hair for me but she is unreachable right now and I just cant wait any longer. Can somebody pleaseee help me. Any Tips or advice/tutorial would  be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have never attempted this before.  Someone help me before I hurt myself lol. Thanx in advance.

You could try one of Feye's Self Trimming methods , depending on how long your hair is. It's the one I use.

Also, you could make around 6-8 braids or twists on dry hair. Secure the ends with rubber bands or ouchless elastics, and trim off whatever you feel is necessary. It works just as well, and it's a bit easier too.

HTH

*Transitioned Successfully (7-20-05~7-20-07)
*100 Natural~3c/4a
*Hair Goal: WSL *stretched/straighten* '08
*~earthangel*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *~earthangel*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 3:23pm
Okay guys. I finally mustered up the courage to do it but I need your help. I'm 4b naturhal and  I need my ends clipped but I am scurred. I dont trust hairdressers  to clip my hair but I have split ends and I really want to take care of this problem. There is one lady that usually does my hair for me but she is unreachable right now and I just cant wait any longer. Can somebody pleaseee help me. Any Tips or advice/tutorial would  be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have never attempted this before.  Someone help me before I hurt myself lol. Thanx in advance.

My Fotki

[url=http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/24680082][/ur
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic