Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should I cut it off?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I cut it off?
    Posted: August 02 2006 at 2:26pm
Hi Lynn,

Have you acquired the oil, and if so, how is it working for you?
lynn21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynn21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 9:35pm
Thanks for your input, My hair is brown/blonde  maybe some red.it was dyed in the pic. but its still the same length. I'll buy some johoba oil tomorrow
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 4:41pm
you have beautiful hair and if it was mine I wouldn't change it but if you must get some reddish-brown highlights or you could grow it super long which would look great on you hair. my 2 cents

Edited by SugarCube - July 24 2006 at 4:41pm
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by lynn21 lynn21 wrote:

WHere do I get this Johoba oil......I feel like a dork for asking but this is the first time I've heard of it. even though I'm a female I'm not too much into hair...I would hate myself if i was a person who couldnt get their hair wet.or spent 2 hours on their hair alone I don't get the point! I do want good hair just without hours of work only to be dissastified by the results. i hope I didnt offend anyone.

Hi Lynn,

There is no such thing as a stupid question.  So please don't be hard on yourself.  I certainly knew nothing about how to care for long hair when I started on my journey 14 years ago.

Having great-looking long hair doesn't necessarily involve spending lots of time on it.  I sure don't spend much time on it, and it doesn't look too bad as a result.  Some describe the condition as "benign neglect."  Anyway, just try some of the suggestions offered.  Experiment.  Find out what products and techniques of their use do and don't work for you.

always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2006 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by lynn21 lynn21 wrote:

WHere do I get this Johoba oil......I feel like a dork for asking but this is the first time I've heard of it. even though I'm a female I'm not too much into hair...I would hate myself if i was a person who couldnt get their hair wet.or spent 2 hours on their hair alone I don't get the point! I do want good hair just without hours of work only to be dissastified by the results. i hope I didnt offend anyone.

Jojoba oil (pronoubce hoho-ba in case you can't find it and have to ask) can be found in any health (aka organic) food store at $7 for a bottle about 4 fl oz. I know it sounds small but a little goes a LONG way. I personally deal with lot of fly aways when the weather gets humid because I have wavy hair too. I apply aloe vera gel (Fruit of the Earth that can be found at walmart...the clear kind that has no alcohol or anything else) from the ears up when my hair is still damp from the shower. And then I apply jojoba oil to the ends when my hair is dry. Awesome stuff! You can also use coconut oil, but I have never tried that. Good luck!
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
lynn21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynn21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2006 at 7:04pm
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2006 at 12:07pm
Hi Lynn,

Yes, I have a suggestion... with the increased humidity, be sure to infuse sufficient oil in your hair to balance the moisture level.  My Rx: Apply 2 drops of jojoba oil in the palm of one hand; rub your palms together until they're lightly slicked, then gently apply to detangled hair by smoothing it downward onto the outer surface, then the under surface, of your hair, and repeat.  With barely any left, repeat from the top of your head down (the hair nearest to the scalp needs the least oil).  This will help keep the frizz under control.  Repeat daily.

Oh, and wash your hair less frequently.  If you're a daily washer, try every other day instead.  Or if you wash every other day, try once every 3 days.  I would also suggest the use of a boar bristle brush, after you have completed applying the oil as described.

Being in land of eternal humidity, I've learned a thing or two about frizz-reduction...

The small trim you're planning may help to reduce the tangling a bit, too.

Let us know if you try these things, and how they work for you.

lynn21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynn21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2006 at 4:21pm
I like my hair long, I've decided only to get a trim. however since summers here its getting snarly because it tries to curl up and fails to tottally achieve this....any tips on keeping it smooth and tangle free? What shampoo and conditioner do you think would be the best for me!
i'm sick of my hair breaking because of the tangles caused by humidity.......help!!!!!!!!
rhpetunia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhpetunia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2006 at 8:20am
I like it long.  I think with your features and style it would look great if you grew it really long.
2b/F/ii
lynn21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynn21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2006 at 9:34pm

Thanks everyone for your advice, I think I'm Going to stay below my chin, I tried vitural hair and look better with long hair......thanks again!

divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2006 at 2:04pm
soory a fringe is a bang here in the Uk :P
It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2006 at 2:03pm
pretty......i do like it as it is, but if u insist on a change then go for a blunt eye slimming fringe-would look hot
It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2006 at 1:23pm

Lynn, I checked your pic and it reminds me of a line in the Shaun Mullins tune "Rockabye" from the late 90's:  "And she'd be a whole lot pretier if she smiled once in a while."  You and your hair are pretty, as you are right now.  What's got you down?  Maybe something besides the hair?

Well, since you are looking for something different, there are lots of choices; longer is an option which could be pursued, given the passage of time.  Ultimately it's up to you to decide what you want in terms of the look, upkeep effort and costs.

Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2006 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by SpecialKitty SpecialKitty wrote:

Well, I disagree with all of you. I think her hair looks great just as it is. And it is probably easier than all the styling recommended above.....

She doesn't like her current look and hence the post requesting advice on what type of change would be good for her. That's why we gave our opinions on changes we think would compliment her features.
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2006 at 11:15am
Well, I disagree with all of you. I think her hair looks great just as it is. And it is probably easier than all the styling recommended above.....
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2006 at 9:42am
A side bang or sway along with some face framing layers will really change your appearance I agree with Auramae. Try to stay away from any style shorter than chin length would also be my advice.

Well hopefully you listen to Auramae and myself as we are both licensed HairStylists and I'll be the first to say I think if you shaved your head you'd regret it immediately and not be happy with the overall look.

Note From HB Admin Team
Please refrain from calling other posters or people on other forums insulting or derogatory names. We appreciate your help in this matter.

HB Admin Team

Edited by administrator - July 21 2006 at 9:41am
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2006 at 12:35am
I saw this post that you wrote earlier in the short hair forum.  Since this forum is about long hair support, I don't think too many people are going to cheer you on to shave your head...!

What is it about your current hair that you dislike and want to change?
auramae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auramae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2006 at 12:07am
Because the space above your eyebrows is larger than the space between your mouth and chin, I would suggest some soft, shorter bang-like pieces to balance the shape of your face.
Using gel and blowdrying with a diffuser (unitll it is all the way dry) will give you the most curl.  You can smooth out the face framing pieces with a big round brush.
Get Some Hairapy - a hairdresser's prescription for happiness
lynn21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynn21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 10:56pm

I'm looking for something new, and easy! i ihave thin wavy hair wich is shoulder length, when wet it gets very curly, its confused...... but anyways I need some suggestions.I have even considered going tottally bald or having a natile portman do' but was afraid to go that drastic. please help, i think my face shape is a mix of a square and oval . http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2104174271

Please give me your suggestions
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic