Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

greetings from greasy hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: greetings from greasy hair!
    Posted: August 02 2006 at 2:20pm
Hello SugarCube's daughter,

You're okay, since you've stated that you are not the same person.   I'm sure I speak for many others here when I say that we look forward to seeing her picture.
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 8:51am
Hello I'm SugarCube's daughter and I must say those braids are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!  My mom braids my hair similarly and I admire your patience! That's why my mom does my braids. I have similair hair to Sugar Cube's so when you see her first pic don't be srprised if its me and her or just me. Is that okay mods I don't want to get mom in trouble
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 12:42pm

I'll have to consider an appropriate time for that, Rini... who knows, maybe sometime within the next few months?  If ever I try it, I'll definitely post a pic or two.

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 6:30am
LOVE that look on you HOlly!  Well done for doing that so well yourself too

Dave...you should definitely give that a go, that would look amazing on your hair!!!  More than sick....positively terminal!!!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
vivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 4:51am
hai letme count

I love ur braids. it is nice to see. can i try the same style. my hair is 32 inches long , but the problem is i already have to take on strange onlookers as im a guy .
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2006 at 11:36am
The braids are perfect, Holly!  You did a technically excellent job putting them in.   It's really cool... you've got me thinking of doing this, sometime...

Oh, and in this context, "sick" is a good thing.
denika_s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denika_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2006 at 8:48am

Hey Holly!

The braids look great!  It makes me think I should try doing the same sometime this summer.  But.....creepy stangers scare me! 

~Den

whhoiskad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whhoiskad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2006 at 7:25am
Wow your braids are stunning! I would love to have a go at doing something like that myself but i am all fingers and thumbs!
Hair Type 2a/m/ii
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2006 at 2:57am
Your braids look delightful! A very attractive hairstyle! Wash them though darling lady. You don't want greasy braids, you want clean, sexy, nice smelling braids!
Brent
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2006 at 12:32am
Why hellooo long hair forum frequenters. It sure has been awhile.

I put the annual summer braids in last week and then went on a 5 night, 6 day concert/camping/partying trip. So I washed my hair last Wednesday and got a quick rinse yesterday morning before my 7 am shift at work!

So yesss, I am queen of the greasy hair right now. The front corn rows are very fuzzy and loose, but upon arriving home from my trip I was suddenly let into a summer class I wanted to take and was 2 weeks behind! So as soon as I catch up with the class, I'll be able to re-do the corn rows.

I have every intention of leaving the braids in for more than a week this year. My "goal" is 3 and some, because I have another trip at the end of the month. Shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Anyhoo, here are a few pics of the finished product as taken last week (notice the lack of fuzziness).

A number of random strangers I encountered on the trip felt they had to run up, stroke the braids, and tell me how much they loved the hair.

One passerby was like, "Wow! That's so sick hair man! I only know one other girl that got them done in Jamaica! Looks so good on you!" I think he was a little bit intoxicated. I believe he meant sick in a good way.

And then there are the total strangers that ask me if it's my actual hair. Yes, it is my actual hair. It doesn't look plasticy and tacky like the faux braids that are so trendy (no offense to those that like them).

Other questions: "Is it heavy? Did it take long? Can you braid mine? You didn't REALLY do those yourself, did you?"

Oh, and to answer the time question, I actually have no idea how long it took this year. It was 9 last year... I did something like 8 braids in 3 hours the first day, but I was a little unsure of how I wanted to part them and fiddled and re-did some stuff. Finished the rest of the back the following day and did the corn rows at the front a few days later.

I was using ouchless elastics in the photos, but all but about 3 of them fell out by the end of the trip. So I went out and got some rainbow coloured goody rubber bands (back to the basics!) which I'm currently in the process of incorporating. So far the grease is doing a fabulous job at keeping the ends from unraveling, hahaha.

ALL RIGHT. I think I'm done rambling about my head now. I was studying music theory for my class all day and this was a much needed break! Ciao for now!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic