Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need the Moral Support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need the Moral Support
    Posted: July 29 2006 at 7:47pm
Thank You all for words words of wisdom, support and kindess.
rhpetunia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhpetunia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 5:29pm
I think it will look great!!!  Just grow it -- if they don't like it it's their problem!  
2b/F/ii
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 1:02am
Yeah, that sucks! WHY does it seem like everybody always has something negative to say? (I don't mean here -- I just mean in general.) Why can't they just be excited and happy for you right off the bat rather than try to shoot you down? I mean, it's not like it's going to hurt anything for you to grow your hair super long. It sounds like it's something that will make you happy so you SHOULD be supported. And you know what? What if it does end up looking scraggly? So what? You can deal with that if and when the time comes. It won't be dirty and uncared for because you'll CARE for it, I'm sure.  I think you should go for it. Hang out here and it'll make you want to for sure! Does me!
whhoiskad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whhoiskad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 8:12pm

SugarCube,

The best advice i can give you is to go for it.Its your hair at the end of the day and i am sure your family will come to appricate when they see how much it means to you!

Hair Type 2a/m/ii
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 7:25pm
SugarCube,

Robert offers sage words of wisdom (thank you Robert!).  I'd like to extend (ha ha) one of the themes he noted.  Part of the process can turn out to be an exercise in strenghtening your resolve.  This can help make you a stronger person -- a good thing!
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 4:59pm
Thank you Purple Bubba for words of encouragement. And Yes i do have intermediate goals:

midback
waist
tailbone
classic
mid of thigh
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 4:46pm
My advice would be basically the same as for anyone else who is starting out. You know that you want to reach mid thighs but that's a long way away so make some in between goals so you have some to look forward to. As you reach each length you can evaluate for yourself how your hair looks and can make adjustments as needed. You'll need to decide on which washing methods to try and how often. Which tools to use. How often you'll trim if at all.

If you reach mid back or waist length or some mid point and they start making negative comments are you going to give up? If they pester you about trimming every two months and you want to wait longer will you do it your way?

These are the basics. The main thing is that you realize that it's your choice unless you are under 18. Do things for yourself. What looks scraggly to one person may look beautiful to another. But it's what you see that matters.
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 4:37pm

the longest its been before is tailbone length and many people used to compliment me on it. thank you for your replies. its good to see people respond.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 3:45pm
whats the longest you've grown it before? And did it ever look scraggly then?
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 3:43pm
My hair is curly/wavy and at its longest point, about 3 inches below my shoulders in the front and at my shoulders in the back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 3:35pm
How long is your hair now?
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 3:06pm

I've told some family members about how I want to grow my hair to the middle of my thighs. They said it would look scraggly, nasty, dirty and uncared for . Up until now I have had much support and this comes as a shock. Now don't get me wrong they said this kindly and lovingly but now I am rethinking my goal. Moral support anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic