Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DARN Split ends

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DARN Split ends
    Posted: August 02 2006 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by SugarCube SugarCube wrote:

yep!!!! once i was doing S&D and I cut more from one side than the other and when I have scissors in my hands I get the huge urge to cut 1in

Hmm... maybe avoid S&D, then?
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 12:43pm
yep!!!! once i was doing S&D and I cut more from one side than the other and when I have scissors in my hands I get the huge urge to cut 1in
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 12:17pm
Hey SugarCube why don't you trust yourself with scissors? Do you think you will accidently cut to much?
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 8:23pm
I'm not so nice with my hair ex. ripping throgh tangles with seamful combs, sleeping with hair loose, eating not what I should but starting a diet soon, and when I app;y conditoner i wrap it up , put it in a showercap and wash rest of my body. and rinse with warm water with a shot of ice cold water for the final rinse.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 7:29pm
What do you think are the reasons for your hair to be splitting so much?

Has it been colored, or otherwise subjected to strong chemical treatments?

Do you spent a lot of time in the sun (or swimming pool) with it uncovered?

Do you comb/brush/detangle your hair gently, or are you rough with your hair?

How is your diet and exercise regimen?

When washing, do you apply a little extra conditioner to the last few inches of your hair?

SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 5:08pm
I got a MAJOR trim 5 months ago ( 6 in ) but those stubborn splits keep coming back. This coupled with the fact that my hair has uneven ends is frankly annoying. I have taken up "benign neglect" but if I put off the trim (1 inch )for a few months would the splits travel up the hair shaft if I wear it in braids alot? P.S my hair grows at about an inch a month and sorry for posting so much on my first day: I'm just happy to be a member .
 Also the budget is quite tight and I don't trust myself with scissors.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic