Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I did it.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I did it.
    Posted: August 24 2006 at 8:39pm
Kudos to you, Katja!  I am happy that you're happy. 

And regarding your concern about still being long (or not), in an odd way, I think it matters more where you want to be, than where you are now.  I know that in a year or so from now, your hair will be as long as it was before this cut, but it will be healthier than it was.  Stay positive!
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Katja Katja wrote:

I'm going to make the most of my shorter length while I have it. 

I'm so glad that you're happy with your decision. Just make sure you treat it well while it's growing. [Do you have a pic of it dry?]

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2006 at 7:03am
Good on you for being so brave Katja!!  Health before length is a great motto to have and your hair will thank you for it I think.  I'd also love to see a pic of it dry ;)

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Katja Katja wrote:

, I called up my stylist friend and asked if she would perform my desired hair surgery.  I showed her where I wanted it cut to, and after about ten minutes of "are you ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY SURE?!", she started cutting.  And this is the end result:

22 inches.  Eight inches less than before.

(Edited for spelling mistake)

i think your hair looks beatiful Katja. Progress pics would be nice hint hint
*Miri*
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 6:33pm
Congrats, Katja! That is courageous, and your hair looks great - healthy and even.
rhpetunia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhpetunia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2006 at 9:04pm
It will grow back in no time!  And just think how healthy it will be!

I know what you mean about the ends -- my 1/2 inch trim turned into 2 inches, but the ends were so soft -- I was very happy!  And now the length is back and then some.
2b/F/ii
Pkj049 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pkj049 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 7:41pm
Good for you. I love long hair, but I not hanging on to hair that is too damaged just for the sake of saying your hair at your tailbone.
You will probably notice an increase growth rate now that you got rid of the damaged parts.

Good Luck,
PJ
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 6:48pm
It's still a nice length! YES, it IS long!  Gosh girl, my hair is about that long and I consider MINE LONG -- you're funny. I know 8 inches was a lot though and I can imagine how that feels. I'm sure it feels SO NICE to have healthy hair! Good for you. 
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 11:10am
Don't worry Katja your hair is'nt that short and it will be better the second time around.  I also had to get a trim.  I lost almost 3" not to much of a big deal but something.  We can grow it back together, your hair looks great and its not like they bobed you,  it will be back before you know it.
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
whhoiskad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whhoiskad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 9:13am
Hi Katja

Dont worry your new hair looks fab , i would love to see a pic of it dry!
Bless you for kissing your hair goodbye aww :)
Good luck and have fun.
Hair Type 2a/m/ii
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2006 at 11:47pm
So a few weeks ago, I made a post saying that I was thinking about getting a "mercy cut" of about eight inches to allow my hair to grow in healthier.  Well...

...that's basically what I did.

I know most of you suggested that I just cut off two or three inches every few months to maintain the length, but I knew I wouldn't be happy with that arrangement because I'd want my hair to grow.  I decided I'd wait and think really long and hard about it before I did anything drastic.  And yesterday, after six weeks of thinking, I called up my stylist friend and asked if she would perform my desired hair surgery.  I showed her where I wanted it cut to, and after about ten minutes of "are you ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY SURE?!", she started cutting.  And this is the end result:

22 inches.  Eight inches less than before.

And although it's weird and I can't call myself a long-haired person anymore (), I feel 100% confident that I made the right decision.  My hair was just way too beat up before, and now it looks and feels so much healthier.  My ends feel especially soft and healthy.  I was actually able to go to a party tonight with my hair down and not have to take out my hairbrush once, which is completely new for me.  My hair is now vibrant and shiny and bouncy (not to mention tangle-free) and even though I can't wait for it to grow out and I miss my old hair (I actually gave it a goodbye kiss before it was cut ), I'm going to make the most of my shorter length while I have it. 

Anyway, I just figured I'd share this with all of you.  And don't think for a minute that just because my hair isn't long anymore I won't be around... in fact, I'll probably be around MORE than usual as my new hair grows out. 

Happy growing, everyone!
Katja

(Edited for spelling mistake)

Edited by Katja - August 12 2006 at 11:49pm
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic