Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moldy hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moldy hair
    Posted: August 19 2006 at 6:30pm
this one girl wrote how her sister's hair rotted out since her hair was damp and put in a metal helmet for the army. Thanks for responding guys
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 12:42pm

Uh no, and I go to bed with damp hair all the time.  Where did you hear this?

Weather Forcast - With high humidity in the air, expect general hair frizziness to continue :-/
Current Length: 30 inches or so from the front
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 9:46pm
Oh, and supposedly a baking soda/water solution works to clarify as well. I'm sure you can find it on google.
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 9:31pm
Someone asked this question awhile ago. If you search, it'll come up, I'm sure.

I've worn my hair wet/damp for 2-3 days at a time. I usually wash it and put it up into a bun (with a little rooster tail, haha) when it's totally wet. If I don't take it out, my hair stays damp until I let the bun out.

I've never had any mold or anything growing in my hair. It takes a lot longer for that kind of thing to happen and there usually has to be some kind of bacteria, etc. in there. So "damp" doesn't necessarily = mold, and certainly not over night.
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 5:45pm
If you wash your hair at night and go to sleep with it damp can it grow mold or rot???? And also is there a way to clarify without use a clarifying shampoo????? TIA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic