Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - really bad hair all year--finally back to great!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

really bad hair all year--finally back to great!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: really bad hair all year--finally back to great!
    Posted: September 15 2006 at 1:00am
 Aw,you poor thing! I have been there too...and it is horrible how just a bad cut/color can do that to your self essteam. But,also completely wonderful when you FINALLY find someone who really LISTENS!!! I have been to many who never listened and that's why I started doing my own hair (although I still go to a pro for a good trim once a year)
One time I did something similar to you.My hair was VERY blond and I tried to dye it brown. It turned green and had orange in it and was awful! I went to a salon and the lady colored bright red and then...cut off ALL my hair~it was boy short. My husband's hair was longer! I too,didnt leave the house for like a year. But when it grew out,it was more healthy then it had ever been.In a year it was about a bob,and in another year it was really long again. Man was I miserable though for a while.
I really love this website~it is very comforting to know so many women go through these things all the time and not just me (cuz my husband was begining to think  I was crazy,LOL)
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 9:51pm
I just wanted to cheer someone else up who may feel pretty awful about their hair right now.  I lurked here all year because misery loves company, I guess. 
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 7:24pm
good for you hannebash

Edited by SugarCube - August 21 2006 at 7:24pm
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 6:03pm
Hee. I have no before pics but I will try to get some after pics soon. I went all year hiding from the camera.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 3:00pm
Pictures...can we see pictures?
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 2:18pm
Boy, what a crummy hair year.  First, I had my naturally brown hair highlighted for years, grew it long, and it was mostly blonde. I started hating the upkeep, the roots, and the dry frizzy texture of my hair, so I decided to color it brown. First I used permanent which faded to orange-y within a week. So I came here, read about fillers and semi-perm color and colored it very dark brown with a filler. I was black and hideous!  I had my hair cut to above chinlength to get rid of damage, and after washing it a million times it faded a bit to a drab, dark uneven brown.

I decided that I would cut my own hair that year, as I didn't have much left and was afraid of being butchered. I cut the ends then I cut in layers and spent most of the year with an ugly, uneven too-short cut  about to the bottom of my ears. I cut it and cut it, even though it was too short, because it lookedso bad, I kept trying to fix it. Finally, after months and months, I decided to go to a cheap hair cut place and get some decent layers put in. I told them I was trying to get it longer so leave the bottom alone. I have had layers forever so I figured no big deal, right? Well, she butchered me. The very top was about an inch long, with straggly over-texturized layers everywhere. The bottom, which was untouched was thin and piece-y. It took me forever to get it to lay somewhat flat and it was way too short and a mess.

The good news is that the awful color was finally cut out and I was back to my natural color. Thebad news is that I had a horrible haircut that stuck out all over the place. I grew it out all summer, but still attempted to trim the bottom while growing out the layers. A week ago I looked at my hair and realized that though I have gained some lenght, my hair was uneven flippy and awful. I sucked it up and made an appointment at a good salon with a senior stylist. I was nearly in tears. I told her it was still shorter than I wanted but the cut was so gross I couldn't livewith it any more. She went very slow, and showed me everything she was doing. She made my layers less texturized and more blunt and evened out the bottom. She cut my hair for an hour and a half and it is PERFECT!!!! I mean I have great hair again!

I know it is only hair, but I used to have pretty hair and I always loved it and having ugly hair for that year was a huge blow to my self-esteem. Now my hair is bouncy and the cut is gorgeous. She is helping me gain another inch or so of length. She told me to keep with her on the trims and she would trim it up nice while allowing it to grow. She said come in about every 2 months and she would just shape it up as it grew.  I am so happy and I LOVE this woman. She fixed my hair cut while preserving almost all the lenght. She listened to me and gave me exactly what I wanted and she has earned a loyal client. I'm taking my daughter to her next for a trim. No more bad hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic