Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Average Hair Growth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Average Hair Growth
    Posted: September 21 2006 at 3:02am
lol I hear ya. I know exactly what you mean.
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2006 at 6:02pm
i dont measure mine cause that just makes me inpatient, so i really dont know how long its going to take me at this point lol. 2008 or LATER with my luck lol.
Babycheeks
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2006 at 5:43pm
Yes, Yoda, 1992 was a long time ago.  A veeeeerry long time ago. 

And yes, I've come a long way, baby!
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 10:24pm
Dave,
You're welcome. 1992....wow that seems so long ago. But your hair's come quite a long way!

Hey Babycheeks
 Yours is 30 too, huh? If you're at BSL right now, it shouldn't be too much longer till you get to waist length. But it looks like we've both got quite a wait. Maybe by ...2008, we'll be there.
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 6:22pm
my goal is 30 as well! im BSL right now:)
Babycheeks
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 6:11pm
Hi Yoda,

Thank you.   It took about 10 years or so (maybe more, yah) to reach this length.  I started growing in 1992... during the last millenium, how archaic.
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 10:57pm
Hi Dave,
  Thanks for the tip on how to measure the hair growth.
  My goal...I'm not too sure. I think somewhere around 30 inches would put it to my waist... so that's about where I'd like to get my hair to.
  Yours is very impressive! That must've taken about ten years to grow to that length, yeah?
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 5:34pm
Hi Yoda,

Some people favor a measuring method which gives consistent results.  Hold the end of a cloth tape measure at the top of your forehead (at the hairline) and let it drape over the crown of your head and down to the ends.  Sure the measure is longer than the longest strands by about 6 inches, but if you repeat the process every month for a few months, you start to get a good idea how much your hair grows every month.

Curious, what's your goal?

Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 1:02am
Thanks Shary!
Yeah, I've got to remember to do that (keep track of how much my hair grows per month). I think my hair grows especially slow...but I'm not sure. It might just seem that way. But Yeah I'll have to check it!
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 12:05am
Yeap! that sounds right. Although, some people are the exception. Like myself. My hair grows about 1 inch per month instead of 1/2. So it grows much faster than most people. Keep track and see if your hair is growing more than 1/2 an inch. Maybe you'll reach your goal sooner.

Much love, Shary
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2006 at 9:16am
Hi Folks,
 Hope this is the right place for this.

I'm in the process of trying to grow my hair out again... So, I started to make a little "chart" to try to figure out about how long it will take to reach a specific length.

If I remember correctly... hair is suppose to grow about half an inch per month, right?

So that would mean... one full inch every two months.

Which then would mean that hair grows about six inches per year (not counting trims).

So (for me personally) it would take about 2 to 3 years to grow my hair an additional 12 to 18 inches.

Does this sound right to you guys?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic