Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Male hair clip?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gypsydoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsydoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Male hair clip?
    Posted: January 20 2007 at 3:00pm
Do any of you remember the old leather and stick pull-backs???  Why not look for some of them at festivals or on-line.  I love them and I you find a leathersmith, you can tell them what type of design you are looking for and they should be able to custom make anything you want.
Suede%20Hair%20Tie
Jen, (1a/f/ii)
chitraa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chitraa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2007 at 9:25am
Hi Mark,
guess no clips are specifically for guys or ladies. i someitmes use them, same one for ladies. with longhair it does not matter which clip one uses, u hav to like it, ofcourse sometimes it looks a bit feminine but its okay
chitra
Carolredskirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2006 at 5:07pm
The man I'm with has long hair and just uses the same hair clips as women use. What makes a hair clip for males or females?
vivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2006 at 3:59am
iam also a male with 32 inches long hair. i also feel the same problem. Nowadays i use my wife s clips and im comfortable and not much worried about what probably others could say or some times im very comfortable in plaits
pridepark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pridepark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2006 at 6:13am
Hi, I get exactly same problem with brushing my hair back, it just seems to flop back or be very bufont. 

I decided at pains to run the risk of ribbing and started to wear grips and occasionally an alice band and was actually relived no-one said anything.  I may have got a couple of looks but in on the whole no-one takes a blind bit of notice.  Bit like getting up to sing Karaoke for the first time and then the world is your oyster.   If you're not so confident I think the half pony or the 'footballers style' hairband as worn by Beckham etc is probably your best bet.

Rich
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2006 at 3:05pm
Here are a few links for you to try - the models are women, but I think the plain or keltic  designs would look great on a guy.

Hope that helps!

Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2006 at 12:10am

I have seen men wear their hair back with headbands.I'm sure it sounds odd.But it really doesnt look bad.I guess it would depend on how long your hair is and how thick it is.If its thin and long enough you might be able to pull it into a half pony.Guys can usually pull that off even with a little stub.untitled.jpgPlus your hair doesnt have to be as long as becks in the back.

Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2006 at 9:45pm
Welcome Mark.

The growing process can be frustating, especially for us guys since we seem to have fewer options. The lack of options caused me to cut mine shorter several times during my first attempts to grow mine.

There are no "male" hair clips that I know of. Hair clips are not commonly thought of as being masculine. Yet I think there are some that look more masculine than others. I've seen celtic clips with masculine designs.

I wish I could hold mine back at times with some sort of clip...if only they became more accepted for men!
Mark1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2006 at 9:01am
Hi,

I am male and have medium length hair.  I want to start growing my hair long, and to go back along my head and then down the back.  If I try to brush it all back, it just flops forward again! So, are there any male hair clips that I can wear to hold my hair back while it grows?

Or do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mark.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic