Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

pic of my hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pic of my hair
    Posted: January 04 2007 at 3:02pm
Thats what I tell myself when ever I start to feel LIke I whish I could do something  simpler. I just think about how it will be years down the road. I have had long hair for the past 11 years, so I know how mis-use, and abuse can affect my hair down the road. My six year old daughter wants hair to her knees, I told her that she better start taking care of it now. 
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2007 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Alisa06 Alisa06 wrote:

Sorry for the long answer, I guess I have a pretty long routine.

Alisa, that's not really that long of a routine for someone who is dedicated to having healthy long hair.  (and it always takes longer to tell than it does to do it) Smile

Your hair is very nice, by the way.  So thick......

Edited by hairbraider - January 04 2007 at 10:18am
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2007 at 11:34pm
Thank you very much. I don't really think that my hair is gorgeous, but I am growing to love it more and more.I am still having a hard time with it being "gone", compared to when it was longer.
I am still " completing" my routine atcually. I kind of have one for the moment, but I like to switch brands alot. Here is what I am doing presently;

I take hair formula  37
fluctuate between fish oil capsulesand flax oil capsules,
GNC green Multi vitamin.

Around 3 times a week I put jojoba oil in my hair, and braid it for the night. In the morning I wash.

When I shampoo, I put vo5 strawberries and milk conditioner on the ends, and shampoo with either Jason biotin, or jason A C&E shampoo, only on the scalp. Then I condition just the ends with Jason sea kelp conditoiner and comb through. Rinse with cool water. ( I say cool because I can not stand cold water, I get too cold easily). The last step is to condition again with Jason biotin conditioner, comb through and rinse with cool water.  

As a styling aid I use jojoba oil as a leave in. I use it like the friz ease stuff. I love jojoba oil! It really helps with definition and any friz.

I use a wide tooth comb for everything.

I conditon alot because my hair gets very dry if I don't stay on it. I live in Eastern Washington where it is very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. I like Jason because it is very natural. It does have one cone, but I do ok with the one. Any more, and I don't do ok.

Sorry for the long answer, I guess I have a pretty long routine.

ALisa06

Edited by Alisa06 - January 03 2007 at 11:36pm
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
MsSerenity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsSerenity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2007 at 10:39pm
Hooray, there is someone who has hair like me. :)

It's rather gorgeous. Will you share your routine with me?
As fate would have it, my business is all about you.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 8:42pm
Thank you , Dave,
It has grown a bit since I started HF37. I am taking a ton of supplements, But I still feel like it is not growing fast enough. Even though I know There is not very much more I can do. It had grown two inches the last time I measured. It was cut the beginning of nov.I have not measured in acouple of weeks, I guess I should soon.

Alisa
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 7:20pm
Gorgeous hair, Alisa!  Hoping that unwanted hackings can be avoided in the future... and that your hair grows back quickly! 
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 8:45pm
Yes,I like how red highlights look on dark hair,it adds contrast and warmth. I feel just plain brown washes me out too much.
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 8:40pm
your hair is GORGEOUS alisa!  i can only imagine how great it must look when it's even longer!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 5:35pm

I wondered if it was red. Very pretty. Mine has alot of red also. I used to dye it dark to get rid of the red, but the last few years, I have not. I like it now.

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 4:20pm
Thanks Alisa06...my hair is probably a light to medium brown with red highlights. 
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 10:43am

Thank you so much everybody.

Hey, Julesesjul88, What color is your hair? The highlights, I mean.It looks really pretty.

Alisa06
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 2:25am
Curl envy here too! Love it...
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2006 at 6:17pm
thank you. I actually used to hate my hair. I have since really grown to love it, and take great pride in taking care of it.I can hardly wait for it to be at my tailbone ( my goal)

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
whhoiskad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whhoiskad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2006 at 5:17pm
Very pretty waves! Glad you descided to embrace them:)
Hair Type 2a/m/ii
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2006 at 9:46pm
I don't have one from the back like this. I might have some from the side or with it in the front.

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2006 at 6:39pm
Do you have a photo of you with waist-length hair?
AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2006 at 12:44am
Major curl envy here
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2006 at 9:41am
Thank you. When I was in high school,( I graduated 95) I used to blow dry it every day to straighten it. I didn't realize that it had so much wave/curl to it because the very front is alot straighter. A couple years later I quit, and I was shocked at how much there was. My mom kept telling me that my hair was almost curly naturally, but I didn't believe her. I thought she was just being my mom and telling me things that I wanted to hear. low and behold, shw was right!!!

Alisa06
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2006 at 9:34am
nice waves.
Babycheeks
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2006 at 5:31pm
Thank you. WHen it is wet, I actually get loose ringlets.I had combed through it a couple times through out the day  before I took this picture.
My current goal length is as it was before it got hacked  which is my tailbone. I may go longer when I get there, I  guess I will wait and see. My hair is pretty thick, so I don't want it to get so heavy. My Husband has said that he doesn't think there would be very much of a difference in weight between my waist and tailbone.

Alisa06
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic