Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long-Time Lurker Thanks You!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long-Time Lurker Thanks You!
    Posted: January 07 2007 at 6:45pm

Thanks for the tip, Dave! I may try adding zinc to my vitamin regimen.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2007 at 6:23pm
Wow, Kitty Kat, I am totally honored by your praise of my hair!  I am so glad to have been the source of hair inspiration for you. Smile

I have a few grays, too, but have halted the progression of them I believe by taking lots of vitamin/mineral/herbal supplements, including and especially zinc, which is supposed to help retain pigmentation in hair and skin.

Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2007 at 10:35am
Thanks! I DO seem to have found a routine that works...after all these years of "fighting" with my hair. Some of it was trial and error, some of it was using tips on this board. My hair is very coarse and very, very hard to comb at times. I always use a heavy conditioner and have just started spritzing it with a conditioner before combing, if it's really tangled. That really helps. Also, as I said, the seamless combs have been wonderful.

I wash my hair every other night, go to bed with it wet, and it's half dry by morning. I either scrunch it and wear it like that or I put it up in one of the many hairstyles I like to do. So I never use a hairdryer.

Contrary to most of you, my hair does well with cones. I use a clarifying shampoo occasionally, hot oil occasionally, never use a brush, and have never had split ends.

The only "bad" thing I do is color. I'm starting to get a few grays and I'm finding it awfully difficult to accept!!

Thanks for the welcome Dave. Of course, your gorgeous hair has been an inspiration to me. Everytime I think it would be easier to get it cut to shoulder length, I think of you and the others with amazingly long hair and how beautiful it is.
whhoiskad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whhoiskad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 10:12pm
Hi Kitty Kat

Welcome to the boards!

Sound like have a routine that is working for you

Keep up the good growing!
Hair Type 2a/m/ii
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 7:45pm
Hi Kitty Kat, and welcome! Big%20smile

Glad to hear we all have been inspirational... and that you are really liking your hair.  Thumbs%20Up
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 6:32pm
I've been lurking around this board since last December and I want to thank you all. When I found you last year my hair was at 20" (using your measuring method). Last night it was 24", with one 1/4" trim several months ago. Anyway, without a doubt, if it were not for all you wonderful people, I would have cut it months ago. Everytime I got the urge, I'd get on and read posts. I'm really liking it now. I have wavy/curly hair that I'm just now learning to love.

One other thing, I purchased several seamless combs after reading about them here. I received them this week. OHMYGOSH! Who knew what a difference they would make! I've had my hair long and short but really wanted to grow it long again (at least mid-back) and I'm almost there. So, even though you didn't know I existed, I was here being uplifted and supported by your words. I thank you for your help in keeping me on the straight and narrow to having my long hair back again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic