Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

intro - refugee from LHC ;)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: intro - refugee from LHC ;)
    Posted: January 15 2007 at 12:08pm
Welcome! Sounds like you are well on your way to your goal.
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2007 at 9:26pm
Wow!  It sounds like your hair has made a lot of progress!!

Do you have a pic for us??
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
whhoiskad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whhoiskad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2007 at 6:17pm
Nice introduction Katze

Keep up the good work :)
Hair Type 2a/m/ii
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2007 at 8:12am
Glad to hear you've found a care routine that works for you, Katze.  That's a remarkable gain in volume you've had!  Have you noticed less fallout for awhile now?

One more thing -- the i/ii/iii categories are based upon the circumference of the ponytail, not the diameter.  At 1" diameter, you have 3.14" circumference, putting you solidly in the middle of the ii category.  At 1.25" diameter, your circumference is nearly 4", approaching the iii category.
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 2:20pm
I love rhassoul clay!!  Although, I think it's too harsh to use on a regular basis in place of shampoo.  I use it every couple months as a clarifying wash.  And it makes my skin feel so amazingly soft and smooth when I do a "mud bath".
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 10:36am
Nice to meet you!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Katze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 9:08am
hi, I was really enjoying all I learned over at LHC, too bad it's gone for us "mere mortals!"

Anyway thought I would introduce myself. I am 33 years old and live in northern Germany. I have wanted long hair for several years now, but didn't think it was possible for my hair type. Also, I started bleaching/dying/sun-in/highlighting at age 13, so I had been chemically damaging my hair for 30 years (!) I also blowdried and sometimes used a curling iron.

As a kid I had white-blonde totally straight hair. But somewhere around age 11-12 it went dark and wavier. I didn't even know it was wavy at the time - I just thought it was "weird" and "flipped out" and "didn't behave"!

Last December I learned about Rhassoul (moroccan clay) from a long-haired male friend, and started washing my hair with it and oiling it (thanks to the instructions on the long hair site). Then I found the Long Hair Forum and started experimenting with all kinds of things.

Gradually I was washing my hair less and less which seemed to suit it fine, so I moved to a modified "water only" method in November - occasional washing with conditioner or my Snowy's Moisture Treatment made with an all-natural deep conditioner (Lavera brand).

My hair seems to be happier the more natural it is, and the less handling. I am still trying to find a way to put it up, quickly, for bike riding in a way that doesn't damage it (Ficcarrees are too expensive for me, and I hate buns) when I get where I am going and take it back down again.

I'm currently holding at 23 inches after my first self-trim, which is hovering just at the top of BSL if I stretch it.

My ponytail was 1 inch in diameter when I started; it's now 1.25 inches!

Oh yeah, dark blonde/ash brown "hair colored hair" - 2a, F(ine), i in thickness but hoping for ii by summer!

and that's me, Katze.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic