Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi Anais

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi Anais
    Posted: February 04 2007 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by chitraa chitraa wrote:

Hi Anais, u hav lovely longhair, how long do u plan to let the tresses grow?
bye
chitraa
Hi Chitraa,
I'm in a discovery process right now. This is a great length to have, but eventually I'd like to be at mid-thigh.

Thanks for the note Smile
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 3:20pm
Hey gsxxy, I used to use Aveda and love the smell of their products, but haven't bought the brand in probably 8 years because I dislike certain business practices they implemented back then (just my own personal boycott).
gsxxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsxxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2007 at 2:05pm
I don't know if anyone here uses this...but i personally try not to use anything but Aveda Sap Moss Shampoo & Conditioner

Aveda is great because they are completely DEDICATED to using nothing but natural ingredients in their products
chitraa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chitraa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2007 at 8:11am
Hi Anais, u hav lovely longhair, how long do u plan to let the tresses grow?
bye
chitraa

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2007 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by CalliaNatane CalliaNatane wrote:

I don't think they sell that here in the UK.... Do they put lots of chemicals in to make them smell nice then?

Not necessarily... but if they put a lot of fragrance, it does mean they're putting less of other things.
my LJ, 40 inches long
CalliaNatane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CalliaNatane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2007 at 12:10pm
I don't think they sell that here in the UK.... Do they put lots of chemicals in to make them smell nice then?
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2007 at 3:23pm

Yeah, i have only recently started looking at shampoo and conditioner ingredients... i just used to go for the ones that smelled nice lol. But my conditioner at the moment only has one cone that i can see and its number 11 so it cant be too bad ... i hope LOL

I understand using that decision-making method -- it is tempting.  However, sometimes I find that the nicest smelling products give me the worst results (ex: lots of cheap products), and the worst-looking/smelling products give the nicest results (ex: Aubrey organics).

If the highest ranking silicone is at number 11 on the list of ingredients, it could/should be alright.  I wouldn't stop using it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2007 at 12:50pm
CalliaNatane,
Well that solves it - they're two different formulations. but if by some lucky chance you are able to find the Moisture variety, I would still recommend buying a sample size and trying it out.

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CalliaNatane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2007 at 4:00pm

Yeah, i have only recently started looking at shampoo and conditioner ingredients... i just used to go for the ones that smelled nice lol. But my conditioner at the moment only has one cone that i can see and its number 11 so it cant be too bad ... i hope LOL

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 7:52pm
It looks to me like the conditioner, especially, is laden with silicones (ingredient #3 in the list).  Personally, I would avoid it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CalliaNatane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 1:06pm

Heres what i found on the UK Dove website but they didnt have a moisturising one... they have completely turned over their range at the moment. Heres the ingredients for the revitalising shampoo:

Ingredients

Functions

Aqua

Solvent

Sodium Laureth Sulfate

Surfactant

Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate

Surfactant

Cocamidopropyl Betaine

Surfactant

Sodium Chloride

Viscosity Controlling Agent

Glycerin

Humectant

Dimethiconol

Hair Conditioning Agent

Glycol Distearate

Opacifier

Parfum

Fragrance

Carbomer

PPG-9

Sodium Hydroxide

pH Adjuster

DMDM Hydantoin

Preservative

Citric Acid

pH Adjuster

Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride

Hair Conditioning Agent

Benzoic Acid

Preservative

TEA-DodecylbenzeneSulfonate

Surfactant

Glyceryl Oleate

Opacifier

Borago Officinalis

Botanicals

Ascorbyl Palmitate

Antioxidant

Tocopherol

Antioxidant

Sodium Benzoate

Preservative

Lysine Hydrochloride

Hair Conditioning Agent

Fumaric Acid

pH Adjuster

Silk Amino Acids

Hair Conditioning Agent

Linolenic Acid

Hair Conditioning Agent

Imidazolidinyl Urea

Preservative

Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone

Fragrance

Amyl Cinnamal

Fragrance

Butylphenyl Methylpropional

Fragrance

Citronellol

Fragrance

Coumarin

Fragrance

Geraniol

Fragrance

Hexyl Cinnamal

Fragrance

Limonene

Fragrance

Linalool

Fragrance

And then the ingredients for the revitalising conditioner:

Ingredients

Functions

Aqua

Solvent

Cetearyl Alcohol

Dimethiconol

Hair Conditioning Agent

Glycerin

Humectant

Cetrimonium Chloride

Hair Conditioning Agent

Lysine Hydrochloride

Hair Conditioning Agent

Silk Amino Acids

Hair Conditioning Agent

Borago Officinalis

Botanicals

Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose

Parfum

Fragrance

Disodium EDTA

Sequestrant

Citric Acid

pH Adjuster

DMDM Hydantoin

Preservative

TEA-DodecylbenzeneSulfonate

Hair Conditioning Agent

Imidazolidinyl Urea

Preservative

Benzoic Acid

Preservative

Linolenic Acid

Hair Conditioning Agent

Ascorbyl Palmitate

Antioxidant

Tocopherol

Antioxidant

Sodium Chloride

Sodium Sulfate

Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone

Fragrance

Amyl Cinnamal

Fragrance

Butylphenyl Methylpropional

Fragrance

Citronellol

Fragrance

Coumarin

Fragrance

Geraniol

Fragrance

Hexyl Cinnamal

Fragrance

Limonene

Fragrance

Linalool

Fragrance

I thought it was good because it said what each ingredient is used for... sorry if its too long ...Confused

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CalliaNatane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 12:29pm
Im trying to find the ingredients at the moment on the internet so i dont have to brave the weather... online doesnt seem to be helping much. i know what you mean about dove having so many types now... its impossible!!! So im trying to find it still without going out and looking strange writing down all the ingredients in my local shop.

I have been keeping my hair tucked into my coat and scarf during all this wind so that should help a bit i hope and tieing it up.

Tried doing some buns but they really don't go right... either im not doing them right (most likely) or my hairs to slippery; or perhaps both???

Anywho, i have rambled enough...Big%20smile
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 8:34pm
Excellent, thank you AnaisSatin for documenting the list of ingredients in both the conditioner and shampoo!  So Callie, if you have the "Moisture" variety of the product, do let us know how its ingredient list compares with that compiled by AnaisSatin, k?  Smile

If you're getting more splits underneath than on top, I would suspect friction from clothes (shirts, sweaters, or coats).

hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 1:32pm

Thats only the top at the back underneath its like split end central... however much i get it trimmed they just keep on coming. And i never use heat products or anything so i really dont understand where they are coming from.

My hair is extremely prone to splits, no matter what I do or don't do.  (no heat styling or chemical processing for me either)  But here are some things I noticed that were causing them to be worse: letting my hair flap in the wind, purse/bag shoulder straps, coarse clothing, wrapping a towel too tight after washing......
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 12:21pm
Here are the ingredients for the shampoo

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ammonium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethiconol, PPG-9, Carbomer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Glyceryl Oleate, Amodimethicone, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, TEA Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, DMDM Hydantoin, C11-15 Pareth 7, PEG 180M, Laureth 9, Trideceth 12, Lysine HCl, Silk Amino Acids, [Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Arginine, Isoleucine, Cystine, Histidine, Glutamic Acid], Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, [Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Eicosenoic Acid], Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Ext Violet 2 (CI 60730)

Here are the ingredients for the conditioner

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Glycerin, Quaternium 18, Fragrance (Parfum), Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, TEA - Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Lysine HCl, Silk Amino Acids (*), Borago Officinalis Seed Oil (**), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

These are both for the "Moisture" variety, not the "Intense Moisture"... they have so many different varieties of Dove... I probably gave the wrong product name at some point. Confused

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CalliaNatane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 9:31am
Hi! Yeah im a newbie... just wanted to talk to people and get tips for my hair really seeing as im not that knowledgable on the subject really.
Thats only the top at the back underneath its like split end central... however much i get it trimmed they just keep on coming. And i never use heat products or anything so i really dont understand where they are coming from.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2007 at 12:37pm
Hope you get a chance to pop in occasionally over the next few weeks, Anais.  I know all too well what it's like to get too busy and then have my participation here suffer...

...my hair has gone horrible lately...

Um, are you kidding?  Judging by the signature photo you've shared, your hair appears to be completely gorgeous! Thumbs%20Up

Oh, and welcome!  I don't believe I've seen you here before. Smile

The answer to your question will require you (and a user of the product here in the U.S.) to share the list of ingredients.  My guess is that they're the same but you never know for certain.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CalliaNatane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2007 at 7:02am
Hi, does anyone know if the dove conditioner in america is the same as in england.. you all seem to be having such great results with it! I'm jealous lol. my hair has gone horrible lately.. im trying everything lol!
ThanksSmile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2007 at 1:08pm
Hi LastStar, Nastasska, and friends Tongue

I'm glad the Dove worked for you. It's worked wonderfully for me, in fact I've switched to COW-C in the past week using Dove shampoo mixed with Suave CS, then Dove conditioner as a final. My hair dries faster with the use of shampoo - longer hair = more awkward drying and a wet shirt back, so it's nice to cut the wait.

Things are going to get busy again in the next few weeks, but I'll try to pop in more often to catch up with everyone and watch the hair growth and discussion. I missed you all very much. This forum is so inspiring and is such a supportive atmosphere.

Thanks for the hello.
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
Nastasska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nastasska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2007 at 8:56am
Hello AnaisSmile
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Nastasska/fuseli_nightmare-1.jpg" />
Cats may have staff but dogs have slaves, tired ones
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic