Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is it okay to use horse shampoo and conditioner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is it okay to use horse shampoo and conditioner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amazing Grace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amazing Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it okay to use horse shampoo and conditioner
    Posted: February 11 2007 at 10:51am
Perhaps I'm just being too literal when I read "horse shampoo".  However, if you're talking about the shampoo you buy in a feed store for a horse, I have some second-hand experience with that.

Horses have sensitive skin, so horse shampoo is really gentle.  We used it on our long-haired dog who had skin problems and she looked great after a shampoo and her normally coarse and dry fur felt soft.

Don't know how that translates to humans since hair and fur are different.  And maybe we're talking different products anyway.
bri0569 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bri0569 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2007 at 4:28pm
i used it and it worked great for me it puts protien in your hair which is good if you dye it or blow dry it alot
bri 2a mii
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 2:44pm
I vaguely recall that the Mane 'n' Tail products had lots of PEG's (polyethelene glycols)... even more vaguely recall that they are reputed to help increase the hair's growth rate (but don't take my word for it, it's merely what I only faintly remember).

Regardless, I agree with AmandaPanda -- if it works well for your hair, by all means use it!

hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2007 at 10:57pm

Raizell, I used to use Mane n' Tail conditioner back several years ago when it was a fad going around here.  I liked it ok, but stopped using it when I learned about silicone and the potential long-term damage it can cause.  Mane n Tail conditioner is full of 'cones. (or was then, I haven't looked at it since)  I've discovered that my hair responds best to products that don't contain 'cones.

sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2007 at 6:06pm
Never heard of Cabellina, but if these products work for your hair, then by all means use them.
Raizell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raizell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2007 at 3:34pm

while you're growing your hair out? Products like Mane n' Tail and Cabellina?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic