Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ponytails

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ponytails
    Posted: March 04 2007 at 10:10pm
I get tangles too . My tangles are noticeable . I get so embarrass when my boyfriend tries to play with my hair. I always carry a comb in my purse so that i can untangle them .
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2007 at 6:49am
I bet that's what it is, I could see from a physics perspective why thicker individual hairs would tangle less (wish I had coarser hairs!).  I could never rinse my tangles out, if I try to wash without detangling first, I just get far worse tangles and mats.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 8:19pm
Yeah......  I've heard that most curlies have a huge problem with tangles and matting.  I never have my entire life.  I mean, it does tangle, but not majorly or easily.  Even after being out on a windy day, it's not that bad.  But I usually "rinse" the tangles out in the shower just to avoid breakage.  I can usually run my fingers through it at any given time without any problem.  I think it's because my hair tends to be a bit on the coarse side.

Edited by hairbraider - February 13 2007 at 8:21pm
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 4:43pm
Wow Sarah! I agree with Susan! You are so lucky not to get tangles! I wouldn't have a problem growing my hair to my ankles if I didn't get tangles. That's a major reason I always consider getting it cut. I've found some good conditioners and good combs that have been a huge help though.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 7:14am
Whoa you ARE lucky sarah!  I wish I never got tangles! 

Miri, maybe putting it up wet is the problem.  It may help if you wait until its dry to put it in a ponytail.  You may be damaging the hair when its in its weakest state (wet) with the ponytail holder. 

My hair gets tangles in it when its in a ponytail, but usually in the length, just like when its down it gets all knotty from my moving my head around all day.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2007 at 10:54pm
Gypsydoll, that is thick hair!  wow!

SugarCube, I'm sorry I can't be of help.  I've never had a problem with tangles.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
gypsydoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsydoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2007 at 7:28pm
Have you tried a braid?

I cannot even wear a ponytail at all.  The whole thing gets tangled.  I tend to braid when my hair is wet, and sometimes re-do the braid later in the afternoon.
When I really don't want to deal with it, I will use hair gel when wet and put a couple french braids in.  This sometimes lasts a couple days for me.

My daughter is 3 and has very thick hair with a wave to it.  Her's also frizzes like no tomorrow and I have NO IDEA what to do with it. I will often put a couple french braids in when wet.  For her, this will last four days and I don't have to worry about tangles or frizz.

Jen, (1a/f/ii)
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2007 at 5:42pm
hi well my hair is startinging to get frizzy due to the humidity latelyOuch so i have opted for a high pony which i adoreBig%20smile but there's one problem: whenever i get a high pony and let it down i get matted hairDead where the ponytail was. that's why i wear my hair down but nows its not an option. what i do is condition rinse and put it in the pony while wet. any suggestions to keep the tanglies awayConfused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic