Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can anyone recommend a comb?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can anyone recommend a comb?
    Posted: March 05 2007 at 7:31pm
np, Kimbearly... that was a fun movie, though. Big%20smile
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 5:21pm

Oh well,  I only heard of Wally World from the "National Lampoon's Vacation" film.  Good luck on the comb search.

Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 12:39pm
I really like it. it is a thick, smooth plastic, all made from the same mold. I actually got it at wal mart.  I think it works great for the shower.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 12:29pm
I was reading the previous link that hairbraider sent.  In that thread, they were talking about the Conair Shower Comb so I went out to find some information about it.  From what I was reading at the naturally curl site,
these combs are seamless and people seem to like it.  I found one at Walgreens for $1.99 so I ordered one.  I'm anxious to see it.  The Goody ouchless shower comb seems to be seamless as well from what I was reading about Goody's "Ouchless" products, but I wasn't able to find actual people reviews about it so I opted for the Conair comb.  What do you think?  Was this a good choice?  I'll try to remember to come back here and let everyone know what it's like when it comes.  Thanks for all the responses.

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 8:42am
I have an ox horn comb that I got from a store on ebay. It is a civil war replica, and I love  it! It glides right through my hair. Although,I don't use it in the shower, I have the shower comb buy Goody. It is seamless and has a hook on the end to hang in the shower. It works very well.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 8:15am
The one near me closes at 7 too. 

I like my tenderheaded comb a lot, I got 2 since they were so cheap and have one at home and one in my purse (its about 4 inches long so it fits well).  They are that plastic stuff I think they might call cellulose or something?  Either way I can get them wet with no problem and I haven't damaged them at all even after carrying them around for years.  I have no complaints about them whatsoever.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 7:53am
Sorry ... yes I'm referring to WalMart.  We call it Wally World all the time so I just naturally assumed everybody did ;-).

I went to Sally's Saturday evening at 7:00 and they were closed.  It was a strip mall and every place was open except Sally's.  I guess I'll have to stop some evening after work.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2007 at 3:58pm
I assumed Wally World was a reference to wal mart...

Oh, and on topic, I can't remember where I got my comb (wide-toothed and seamless), I've had it for a half a dozen years now and it's still as good as new, so I regret to say that I have no ideas for Jennifer. Embarrassed
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2007 at 4:29pm
SmileAnything should be better than a Wally World comb - but I bet it's cute - LOL.  You are talking about the amusement park right?  I bought a few at Sally's for $6 - $20 (their better grade) and I find them the same as the ones that I spent over $40 for.
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2007 at 3:55pm
I love the George Michael "Madora" combs. I have both sizes. But to be honest, I prefer their smaller "purse" size comb. I prefer combing smaller sections of hair at a time. They are expensive but well worth it. (Don't tell anyone, but I think I have at least a half dozen of the smaller combs. I can't resist buying one each time I have a GM salon treatment.)

tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2007 at 9:25am
Thanks for the link.  How do you like the one you got at Tenderheaded, Susan?  I'm looking for one for Jennifer for her birthday and I'm thinking of either the one at tenderheaded or I'll run into Sally's to look at what they have.  Sally's does have a couple on their site, but it looks like you can't order from the site??  I was ready to buy one there and didn't see a way to purchase with my keyboard and mouse.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2007 at 8:20am
I got mine at tenderheaded, http://www.tenderheaded.com/creat5seamco.html
for 8 bucks.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 5:58pm
In the thread Sarah posted, they talk about Creative combs. I bought a few different combs from them. I got the Beechwood Comb which is wooden. I love it! I know you can't use that one in the shower but it's a nice comb. I also got the 6W and 8L. Either would be fine in the shower. I couldn't believe what a difference it made combing my hair with all of those. They are so gentle and I hardly pull out any hair at all.
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 3:17pm
not too long ago.... here's the link to the thread - http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=49167&PD=1
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 2:43pm
This has probably been posted before, but I'll ask again anyway.  Can anyone recommend a seamless comb to use in the shower?  We just use a plastic one we bought at Wally World, but I'd like to get Jennifer a good one.

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic