Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

getting frustrated...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: getting frustrated...
    Posted: June 08 2007 at 11:20am
Do you eat very much protein? Protein is essential to hair. IF you don't get it in your diet, make sure you are at least taking a protein supplement like a shake.  Have you tried fish oil, or flax seed oil? they are all great for your hair. Also, how long did you take the hairtopia? It won't work overnight, but it will work.I have not tried the hairtopia but, I take HF37 and it has done wonders for me. They are both similar in nature to each other. Sometimes it takes some time for supplements to work.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
charmtreese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charmtreese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 11:18pm
Wendy my hair grows slower during the cooler months, now that the wheather is changing you may notice more growth.  I know I do.
http://public.fotki.com/Charmtreese/
gypsydoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsydoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2007 at 9:59pm
OK, this may sound funny, but I noticed that my hair grows faster when I eat alot of veggies.  I don;t know why, but it works for me.  I eat a whole bagged salad kit for lunch everyday and I've gotten a couple of inches in the last month or so.
Couldn't hurt to try.......
Jen, (1a/f/ii)
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2007 at 7:24pm
Hey Wendy!  De-stress as much as possible.  Stress is hard on your health and will affect your hair growth as well.  I know wedding planning is very stressful, but try to relax the best you can. Wink
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Wendy Kim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendy Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2007 at 10:20pm
Thanks everyone for your advice and input. I haven't let ANYONE thin my hair since January and I think it has taken this long to recover because the last time it was thinned there was barely any left! I have just been stressing over the wedding and stuff that I'm probably making it worse. I am just going to accept that my hair doesn't grow as fast as it did when I was little Confused But I have decided that if it does not reach a length that I can use for the wedding then I will purchase one of those Jessica Simpson pieces on the marketplace to wear instead Wink I think I've learned that hair does not like to be on a time limit and just accept it for what it isBig%20smile 
thanks again and I will repost if anything changes!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 4:18pm
     Hey, Wendy Kim! Well, to me, thinning straight hair is OK *only* if you do not plan to grow it past your shoulders. Past mid-back, with your normal thickness, the ends may seem "barely there" for you. Not good for braids or buns either. BTW, I'll bet your "trim" cost you at least 2" of length. Stay away from salons and scissors entirely for a good long while, if you maintain your yearning for length. You have potential for amazing hair. Moms are NOT always right! lol Best, Bob Big%20smile
JB521 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 7:33am
Hi There......Biotin daily and exercise is what kicked my hair into a "growing" spurt. Problem now is I just went in for snip off my ends and stylist un-did my progress. Decided I'm not going in for a long while and I am NOT going to her when I do go. I too have thick hair that likes to grow out and get poofy.....but when it gains the length the weight of it pulls it downwards.

Hang in there.....I know it's frustrating!!
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Wendy Kim Wendy Kim wrote:

Got it trimmed a few months ago, the longest I had it was when I was 16 (I'm 22 now) and it was about mid-back length. The stylist my mom goes to swears that thinning out my hair will make it grow but I think she's full of it. My mother has the same hair type and problems I do. We both have extremely dry hair, even after conditioning treatments.

blow dry occasionally when I'm in a hurry and I use the straightner on my bangs only.

1. Ok, so we know it's not at its terminal length if it's been longer.  Right?  That's a good sign. 
2. How much did you get trimmed off?  You have to trim at a smaller rate than the growth rate or you won't make any headway.  Make absolutely certain that whoever is trimming your hair isn't taking off more than you want taken off.  Be specific and insistent.
3. Yes she's full of it.  Stylists seem to have been brainwashed in beauty college.  It may appear longer because of the reduction in bulk, but there's no reason on earth it should make it grow faster. 
4. I have to super-extreme-condition my hair to keep the ends from drying and breaking off.  Think super-duper deep conditioning treatment.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
stargazer026 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stargazer026 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 12:41am
I think we are vunerable going into a hairdresser with the hope that they will fix it when in reality they just wreck it so you have to go back again....
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2007 at 11:36pm
I remember, for the longest time I was growing out my hair. I also have it colored and was getting that done about every six weeks. Well, a haircut was included with that service, and so I just went with the flow. I was just getting a trim. Well, my hair was staying the SAME length for the LONGEST time ... Until I got wise and stopped getting the trim. Duh! What a dummy I was! It just was not necessary for even a "trim" every six weeks! And yes, stop getting it thinned! Why the heck do they always want to thin it?! Ugh!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2007 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Wendy Kim Wendy Kim wrote:

Got it trimmed a few months ago, the longest I had it was when I was 16 (I'm 22 now) and it was about mid-back length. The stylist my mom goes to swears that thinning out my hair will make it grow but I think she's full of it. My mother has the same hair type and problems I do. We both have extremely dry hair, even after conditioning treatments.

blow dry occasionally when I'm in a hurry and I use the straightner on my bangs only.

Hi Wendy Kim,

I agree with Stargazer -- your stylist is not being honest with you.  Thinning hair only removes hair you have -- and you are wanting more hair, not less.  (Furthermore, haircuts don't affect the rate at which your hair follicles pump out the strands.)

My suggestion is to avoid salons completely until after the big event... unless it is a visit without scissors to style your hair.

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2007 at 7:26am
Try scalp massage and exercise.  Don't overdo either of course, but it could be your hair is just resting.  You have nice thick hair so I can't believe it would be splits preventing growth.  Hair tends to grow during exercise, and scalp massage may help get it going again by giving you more blood flow to the scalp during it.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stargazer026 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2007 at 11:25pm
Your hairdresser just wants to make some money and she is full of it... dont let her touch your hair again she is wrecking it... just keep doing your conditioning teatments also I found its good to change products every now and again as your hair gets kind of immune to the same product and you get what you pay for, redken is one of my favorites it has a range for all different hair types Ive also been using charles worthington results leave in conditioner and try not to wash it too often as it strips the hair of natural oils I only use shampoo once or twice a week and on the days i dont use shampoo ill use just conditioner and massage through and leave for 5 mins

Edited by stargazer026 - May 22 2007 at 11:29pm
Wendy Kim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendy Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2007 at 11:14pm

Edited by Wendy Kim - May 22 2007 at 11:18pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stargazer026 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2007 at 11:06pm
Give it time you may just have a growth spurts every now and then ...whens the last time you had it trimmed? and whats the longest length you have had your hair? do you blowdry or straighten your hair because that will damage it and it will grow slower..

Edited by stargazer026 - May 22 2007 at 11:09pm
Wendy Kim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendy Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2007 at 11:01pm

Nope no cuts, I tried the hairtopia and didn't get anything from it. I don't even style it anymore. I either put it up or just let it air dry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stargazer026 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2007 at 10:59pm

Are you sure you havnt cut it?  it doesnt look like its grown at all maybe you have split ends ... are you taking any vitamins if not I would start taking them now...

Wendy Kim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendy Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2007 at 10:47pm
Ok I've been trying to grow my hair for my wedding in Jan 08 but it simply will not grow! I don't know what else to do! I have thick and I mean thick hair and it seems to want to grow out in volume instead of in length. I want to wear it down for the wedding but I don't think it's going to get as long as I was hoping! I might have to consider clip on extensions if it keeps this up, anyone else with the same problem with thick hair?Cry

Here's a pic to show my non-progress...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic