Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HELP: How do I make the density lighter on my lf
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP: How do I make the density lighter on my lf

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senegalese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP: How do I make the density lighter on my lf
    Posted: March 19 2008 at 4:59pm
I'll definitely post pictures I just hope I won't mess it up
Crimsonsugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsonsugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 9:54pm
I don't think that I can do this.
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

Originally posted by ash8419 ash8419 wrote:

I keep useful things I learned in my favorites!!!

YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD STUDENT AND LEARNER YOU PAY ATTENTION.. book

And YOU and the rest of the vets are great teachers!!! Without you guys I would be lost. Confused But I am a bookworm too!!!Geek
choclatey77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choclatey77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 4:43pm
I think the thinning comb is easier but i could be wrong cause i never tried the shears.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by ash8419 ash8419 wrote:

YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD STUDENT AND LEARNER YOU PAY ATTENTION.. book
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 4:37pm
missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 4:19pm
woooo ash8419 you are the best!!!! thanx for the pix!
Senegalese when you are done thinning your baby out dont forget us,and please post pix Tongue

Edited by missmodesty - March 18 2008 at 4:19pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 2:29pm

Thanks a lot ash8419

ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 2:11pm
Here's another tutorial I use too for the crown also from Mrs. YahYah that helps too!

My baby came through beautifully. (thanks puppyluv) I thinned her out ALOT and put in a dark copper rinse to lighten up that harsh 1b  (the color doesn't show up to well on camera. Now she is so thin, silky and natural looking. I love it and yall should have seen the chickens at Walmart whispering & looking for track lumps. And when I opened the door the wind blew threw it like "In yo face heffas!!" LOL It was a wonderful moment.

Here is a before and after pic. (ok I know my outfit lookin a stank mess on the before pic so save your jokes. We all can't wake up lookin cute LOL)

thinbeforeafter.jpg

Steps to Thin for Newbies

Taking small sections of hair, clamp down the thinning shears about two/three inches from root. (I flat ironed the wig first to prevent over thinning)
thin1.jpg

Pull shears all the way through the hair. Remember how you wear your hair on a daily basis to avoid the little bristles of hair peeking through. I parted my hair and then parted it again and thinned that section.
thin2.jpg

thin4.jpg

All thinned out!!! I kept trying my wig on during the thinning process to make sure it was the perfect thickness.
thin3.jpg

Courtesy of Mrs.YahYah
calimesmerizer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calimesmerizer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 1:56pm
Thinning Sheares, but that may leave short hairs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:39am
Thanks to all of u ladies, I will try this and let u know when done, hopefully I won't mess it upSmile
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:56pm
ITA, Unladylikediva. You have to take your time. I wouldn't try and do it all in one sitting. It took me two days of working on it after work to get the density I wanted.
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:50pm
Yes take your time, patience will pay off in the end.
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:02pm
Breh I keep that in my favorites .
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:20pm

You ladies are fast. I was just about to post the tutorial too. It works, just be very patient, and take your time.

Nemesiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:17pm
Senegalese, if you're patient and try the methods the ladies posted you'll achieve that natural look you're looking for.  Take it from someone whose tried the technique. Wink
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Asia35 Asia35 wrote:

Sexi  do you remember  breh's Tutorial on thinning the hairline. This may be helpful.

yes here it is: and i'm gonna add to the newbie thread..

Okay, here's what you all have been waiting for. I've taken a few pics to give you all an understanding of what I am talking about. If you follow the steps that I’ve laid out you should be able to thin a hairline on any lf.

You will need hair clips, a rat tail comb, thinning shears, and tweezers.

1. With the rat tail comb part the hair. Include the baby hair and a little bit of the hair from the hairline. (Do this across the whole front section of the hairline; although it is not shown in the pics).  

2. Braid the parted hair to separate the hair from the rest of the hair. Place a clip on the hair to keep the hair out of the way.

3. Part a small section about 1/8" to 1/4" in size directly behind the braided hair. This should be about 15 to 20 strands of hair.

You will start at the back of the small section of 15 to 20 strands of hair.

4. Holding the small section in one hand and the thinning shears in the other, sparsely separate about 5 to 6 strands of hair with the flat surface of the thinning shears. (Remember you are working at the back of the small section, not the front. The flat surface of the thinning shears should be as close to the knots as possible.)

5. Close the shears so that the sharp teeth cut the 5 to 6 strands that were separated.

6. Tweeze any short hairs that are sticking up.

7. Take the section that has just been thinned and place a clip on it. (Do this so you do not thin this section again)

8. Repeat the process starting at step 3 for the whole front hairline, and temples.

9. After you are done comb the hair to determine whether you like the result.

If the density is to your liking then stop, if not, then continue. Remember move very slowly until you have your desired density for the hairline. Move to sections of hair that have not been thinned yet. Do not continue to thin the same sections or you will have bald spots.

Do not thin too much. Remember your unit may thin out a little later.

This process is tedious, takes hours to complete, but if you take your time the end result will be great.

http://public.fotki.com/brehanne/instuctional/how-to-thin-a-hairline/

No pw required

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 12:30pm

Thanks a lot ladies, I will try that I knew I could count on yall.

Clap

Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:54pm

Sexi  do you remember  breh's Tutorial on thinning the hairline. This may be helpful.

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 4:19pm
i would get a thinning comb, there's one at walgreens for like 5 bucks with two sides of blades, and section the hair.. part across the front of the hairline lift the hair straight up and starting thinning from the back of the part at the very base of the cap so you can avoid have little short hairs that stick up.. not the front b/c you don't wanna thin the hairline in the front.. but behind in the part that you have sectioned off..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic