Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Feye's method

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
allyssa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allyssa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feye's method
    Posted: May 30 2008 at 5:06pm
Thanks for your suggestions! I still have a ways to go before my hair is long enough to layer but I will never trust anyone to cut it again!!! I will get a cheap wig and practice first. Another hint is to never cut across but to point cut because it will not be so blunt.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2008 at 8:40am
That IS a good idea...my method really would be easier if someone else did it, instead of a person doing it on themselves where they can't see as well (though I'm guilty of doing it).

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2008 at 4:24pm

I've never tried this, but I heard that you can do this:

Bend over and comb all your hair forward and trim it straight across.  When you bring your hair back to its normal position it will have graduated layers.  Kinda the reverse of blunt-cut hair being thrown forward and looking layered.

Your hair would have to be fairly long for this to work.  You'd have to make sure you're cutting where the end of the hair from the neck hairline is or you'll end up with a shelf.  (if that makes any sense at all)
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2008 at 8:03am
I can't imagine a scrunchy method for cutting layers that wouldn't come out seriously steppy (maybe its just my lack of imagination though).  If I wanted to do that, I'd do the blunt cut with the scrunchy, then add layers by picking up sections and holding them out from my head horizontally, then cutting vertically straight up (so you're cutting across the hair near the bottoms, but when you drop it it will fall in a graduation downwards.  Is that making sense?  I will try to explain better if its not. 

The trick there is when you hold your hair out and cut across the bottom (which will be with your scissors pointing straight upwards), you need to make each cut the same distance from the ends (the same number of inches) to make your layers look even.  If you don't cut the very bottom layer, it will still be straight across on the bottom, but you'll have layers in it. If you do include the bottom layer, this will give you a more jagged, all-over-layers cut (I've seen that on a lot of people lately as well).

A tip about layers, since we're on the long hair board. Although they're the big fad right now, they do make hair look thinner.  This may be what you want if your hair is very thick, curly or wavy, (it can add a nice taper to curly long hair) but will thin hair out if its reasonably long and also straight.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
allyssa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allyssa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 3:57pm
Hi everyone, I just have a quick question about this method. Has anyone cut layers using this method, if so do you have pictures? I would imagine that you could cut layers with this method. My hair is not long enough yet, but when it is I am planning on trying this! thanks!!Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic