Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone for medium/long?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone for medium/long?
    Posted: May 01 2005 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Supersugar Supersugar wrote:

Mysty, I would check the Hairboutique Shop - especially the Phyto shampoos.  They make at least six different shampoos for all different ranges of hair.

My hair loves the Phytojoba and best thing of all, there's free shipping on Phyto purchased in the Hairboutique marketplace

goddess_mels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddess_mels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 10:10pm
Count me in. I want my hair to go to BSL. I don't think I want it any longer. Though as two PPs have now said...you never know until you get there!
Mels
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 8:31pm
Mysty, I would check the Hairboutique Shop - especially the Phyto shampoos.  They make at least six different shampoos for all different ranges of hair.
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
mysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 6:26pm

My hair is just past my shoulder blades, and I have a goal for mid-back, I would be very Happy with hair that long, I dont need it waist length BUT........if it were to grow that long I sure wouldnt cut it.  Time will tell.  What is a good shampoo and is there  place to look on the boards???

Cindy

8 months to *Mid-Back*..give or take!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 11:28am

Don't get me wrong- I really like medium length long hair. But, to me it's another nice style, far better than most certainly! However, it's only when hair descends to a few inches below BS that it starts meriting a second glance from me. And waist length or longer renders me agape, so long as it's in good condition. (lol)

So to me, there is a HUGE difference in beauty between moderately long and very long. One caveat is that if a woman truly can't deal with super long hair, I appreciate it when she keeps it as long as possible. Bob

Grace912 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grace912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 7:09am
Since I've had a say in it, I've never had mine shorter than shoulders or longer than waist. When it was first growing from short when I was little, I had an Afro for a little while. Adorable on a preschooler in the '80's, but these days, it ain't happening. Even if I had straight hair, though, I don't think that short hair would be my style. Right now it's a bit past BSL, and that's pretty much where I like it best. Long enough that it's flowing and I feel like I stand out, but I can still try things like bangs and they grow out relatively painlessly.
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?
strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 1:25am

I think it would be nice to be content with a bsl or waist length.  Mine's never been longer than waist, then I always cut it.

I'm curious to see what will happen after waist length, but I have quite a long time to wait.

I'm hoping for fingertip/mid-thigh length, but I'll be happy with what I can get and have it look healthy.  I'm probably still going for terminal length.  I'm getting older (sort of) and I want to do this now at this point in my life.  Also, I can't see myself going back to a short haircut ever.

I'm rambling...

I have to say I have never taken such good care of my hair as I have since finding these boards!

SF

strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 6:58am
I see I answered this already in June 2003, ha ha! That was before I was married. This board is starting to tell the story of my life.
[/url]

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 6:56am
Me--I like my hair to be bottom of bsl at the most. And since I had my baby 9 mths ago, I almost never, ever wear it loose anymore so that's even more reason not to let it get too long (for me, might be fine for others).

I tend to let it grow grow grow and then cut 3 or 4 inches off at a time (whatever's dry). I do my own cuts at home out of convenience and enjoyment.

So yes there are at least two of us who are not growing our hair to max length but still love long hair and discussions thereof!
[/url]

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 11:54am
Originally posted by The Last Starfighter The Last Starfighter wrote:

I think it would be interesting to grow my hair as long as it will grow,  allthough I think I will be happy at waist lenghth which is pretty long for me because I am quite tall.  But you never know I might go longer than that because I think growing hair is addictive and you might always want it longer.  Does anyone agree?

Yes.  It can and does happen.  But that's okay.

When I started growing my hair 13 years ago, I didn't have a specific goal in mind.  As it got to be about waist-length, I set a goal which was just past classic length.  I've not amended my goal, but I have allowed my hair to grow past it.  At this point I'm curious to discover its "terminal" length.  I'm probably almost there.
GoldieLocks92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 10:30pm
I'm shooting for waist length which is the longest I have had it (but not since I was about 5). I never kept mine at a certain length; I always cut my hair when it got long and wanted to grow it back out right away so I could get it cut again.

~A
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 4:22pm

my hair is about an inch or so past bra-strap length right now.  i want it to grow waist length, and after that i'll probably just keep it that way.  i don't know how much i'd like hair that went down to my knees, even though it looks great on some people.  so jennifer, you and i are kind of in the same boat... just with different ideal lengths.

enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 3:19pm

I always think of "if it was a bit longer I could do this...".  I basically really want to be Princess Leia (you'd think I'd have grown out of that by now), so my goal is to be able to plait my hair and wind it around my head.

I've never had short hair - it's been long for my whole life.  Seriouslym since I was five it's not been above my waist.  It usually plays between waist and classic.

If your hair desn't suit you when it gets longer...don't wear it longer than you want to.  Simple! 

http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 7:41pm
I think it would be interesting to grow my hair as long as it will grow,  allthough I think I will be happy at waist lenghth which is pretty long for me because I am quite tall.  But you never know I might go longer than that because I think growing hair is addictive and you might always want it longer.  Does anyone agree?

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 7:41pm
Thank you. You guys are very sweet.

[/url]

uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 5:51pm
I'll second that.

Elissa - you are a beautiful woman.

Gorgeous hair, too!!
Uzi

tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 5:22pm
You look lovely Elissa!
Your hair length is perfect for you!!!!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 4:55pm
I used to grow and grow and grow my hair as long as it would grow, trimming only about once every year or two. But over the last year or so, after getting a couple of major trims to rid it of damage, I'm finding I actually like my hair this length:

It's a few inches longer in the back than you can see in this picture, hitting about the top of my bra strap.

Overall, I like it because it feels healthier and seems to have more body and wave. I have a lot of hair, and when it's very long the waves are pulled straight, but it's still plenty frizzy.

So now I'm trimming about two inches every three or four months to keep it exactly at this length. There have been times that I've been tempted to go shorter, but I know my boyfriend really likes it on the long side, and I suppose I do too.

We've been watching the complete "Twin Peaks" on video non-stop lately, and I LOVE both Lara Flynn Boyle and Sherilynn Fenn's hairstyles. They both have similar hair to mine, and I am tempted to get those shorter styles every time I see them. I have to fight it! When I tell my boyfriend, he just smiles and mutters something.

Elissa
[/url]

Stephy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 1:27pm
I am trying to grow my hair long (right now I have a short bob), so anything longer would just be lovely. However, what I woud LOVE is my hair to come down to my bra strap. I think that very long hair is beautiful, and whatever people are comfortable and happy with is what they should wear. Maybe one day, when I too get to this lenght I will post my picture on this forum.
I'm tired of all this nonsense about
beauty being only skindeep. That's
deep enough. What do you want, an
adorable pancreas? Jean Kerr
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 11:03am
Thanks Dave!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic