Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

thinning hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dragoness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragoness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: thinning hair
    Posted: September 30 2004 at 1:28pm
it's not uncommon to hear of teenagers losing a fair amount of hair, hormones are insane..I wouldn't worry about it too much; just eat healthy and take care of yourself, and really, don't worry, because stress can cause hairloss and if you're stressing about hairloss alot, well, yeah, an endless loop of hairloss and stress
Grant me the serenity to accept the
things I can't change,the courage to
change the things I can't accept, and
the wisdom to hide the bodies of the
people I had to kill today because
they pissed me off.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2004 at 12:37pm
If you are 16 now, and you started losing your hair when you were 12, you are probably okay. In 4 years, if it was a problem, you would probably be nearly bald now! Hormones change us throughout our lives, and teen years are one of those times when they change us a lot. If you are worried about it, and it really does look thinner than it should, you should go to a doctor. They can do tests to find out what may be the problem. Make sure you're getting enough vitamins too. One multivitamin a day is good....and make sure you aren't getting too much. Too much of certain vitamins can make your hair fall out.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
kit View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 8:37pm
i used to have really nice hair..i had LOTS of medium thick hair..for the past 3 years..i've noticed that it has thinning a lot ..and now i can see my scalp at certain angles...it's really depressing looking at it..cuz it gets oily so fast ..and it would always limp which is really frustrating..i'm only 16 too =*(

-hen i was 9 ..i went swimming EVERY DAY ..for 3 years...and after that i stopped ..and that was when i started seeing my hair falling out..and the thinning of my hair began. also ..i should mention that during those 3 years ..every day after swimming ..i would blow dry my hair..at the time i was so young and i did know and wasn't warned about the harm of blowing drying your
-when i was 12 my sister died..but i wasn't depressed or anything..well at least i don't think i was..so i don't know if that has anything to do with my hair loss

anyways..is there anything i can do about it ? in terms of curing it that is ..can the doctor help with anything?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic