Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - frizzy dry chemically treated hair  Please help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

frizzy dry chemically treated hair Please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: frizzy dry chemically treated hair Please help
    Posted: November 04 2002 at 6:49pm
Olive oil won`t harm your hair--neither will any other kind (motor and hinge oil aside.) It simply coats the hair shaft, making it feel temporarily smoother and shinier. The effect lasts only until your next shampoo. For breakage-prone hair, you`re better off going with a protein treatment. The best on the market in terms of potency is Aphogee Damaged Hair treatment. I`ve found it at Sally Beauty and it`s not too expensive....maybe $6 for about 4 ounces. It contains hydrolyzed animal protein as its second ingredient--which is good because plant-based protein doesn`t adhere to the cuticle as well (not so good if you`re vegan.) Speaking from personal experience, I can tell you this is an excellent product for controlling breakage. Nothing can cure fried hair--hair is dead and cannot repair itself without cellular turnover--but this can certainly help.

Also, you might have more luck posting your future questions on the General Hair Talk board. Hope this helps!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Ryo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2002 at 2:56pm
How does olive work help!? I know its really oily but will it causes more damages or making the hair more fragile to breaking etc? I also have dry hair and want to know more before trying it...

what other good reasonable price conditioners/shampoos that i can buy to fix damage or dry hair? Does those oil-treatment packages help at all?
RMP View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2000 at 4:57pm
Dear CHUCKLES,

First of all, stop streaking your hair, that will dry it out more than anything. Then, condition your hair thoroughly with a good conditioner like pantene pro-v. But a good at home remedy would be to heat up some olive oil and leave on the head for a while then shampoo out.
chuckles View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2000 at 5:26pm
I have streaked hair and am having severe problems with frizziness and severe dryness which is causing my hair to fall out. Is there anyone out there that can give me feedback on a natural home remedy for my problem.

Thankyou
CHUCKLES
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic